Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hi guys - wanted to know about various experiences with the poly Smart Cover. If you have a bright colour, did yours get stained / dirty quickly? Do you have a black or grey one along with a bright one to avoid dirt or anything?

If you clean it later on, does the feel change? Does it get discoloured? Thanks

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I have last year's pink poly cover for the Mini.

Yes, it gets dirty easy. The light colored inner microfiber picks up stains when I prop the Mini on things with the cover folded flat against the back, including dye from my jeans because I prop it on my legs quite a bit. The front picks up stains from all sorts of things regularly.

But--

The front is EXTREMELY easy to clean with a damp cloth, or a bit of window cleaner if it's really a tough stain, and after a bath, it looks the way it did when I got it. The inside I've washed with soap and water; it isn't perfectly back to the original color but it's presentable. I don't notice any significant change in feel to the front or back of the cover.

I'd buy it again. It's useful, and it still looks pretty good for a 15 month old cover that's seen heavy use!

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
I have last year's pink poly cover for the Mini.

Yes, it gets dirty easy. The light colored inner microfiber picks up stains when I prop the Mini on things with the cover folded flat against the back, including dye from my jeans because I prop it on my legs quite a bit. The front picks up stains from all sorts of things regularly.

But--

The front is EXTREMELY easy to clean with a damp cloth, or a bit of window cleaner if it's really a tough stain, and after a bath, it looks the way it did when I got it. The inside I've washed with soap and water; it isn't perfectly back to the original color but it's presentable. I don't notice any significant change in feel to the front or back of the cover.

I'd buy it again. It's useful, and it still looks pretty good for a 15 month old cover that's seen heavy use!

Thanks - this is exactly the type of info I wanted it's really helpful. Picked up a 2012 model of the cover for the mini - and I really like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.