Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
You people need to start realizing that the iPod line is being killed slowly by Apple. Don't create high expectations for stuff that probably won't come.

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2014
Michigan
You people need to start realizing that the iPod line is being killed slowly by Apple. Don't create high expectations for stuff that probably won't come.

I wasn't expecting anything. But as a person who loves music and iPod's, its still saddening. iPod's are really the only Product I like from Apple. I love iPhone's too, but not as much.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
I wasn't expecting anything. But as a person who loves music and iPod's, its still saddening. iPod's are really the only Product I like from Apple. I love iPhone's too, but not as much.

I wasn't pointing at you, but at all of those who said were expecting updates.

For sure it makes me sad too, but at one point you need to face the facts and make some decision.

For instance, I just bought a factory sealed iPod 5.5G a week ago. I'm sure I'll love it, and after some modifications, I'll live happy with it for a long time.

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2014
Michigan
I wasn't pointing at you, but at all of those who said were expecting updates.

For sure it makes me sad too, but at one point you need to face the facts and make some decision.

For instance, I just bought a factory sealed iPod 5.5G a week ago. I'm sure I'll love it, and after some modifications, I'll live happy with it for a long time.

i have a 3G classic iPod, but i need a FireWire Charger for it. and it needs a headphone jack.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
I mean, I know I can get the cable and brick cheap off amazon, but i'm poor, so that's a bit of a complication.

So would it be too if Apple came out with a new generation of iPods. Wouldn't it? :D

Funny how wide the definition of “poor” can be, though.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
My latest edition. The guy didn't know what it was so it was a real bargain :D

IMG_6099.jpg

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
If you plan to keep it and start using it right away, please document the unboxing process! :)

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
iRock1. Guess you haven't read the previous posts in this thread? Everyone who knows me also knows the answer to your question ;-)

I haven't read them and I don't know you neither. Why not saving me the work of reading over 80 pages? lol.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
Its funny to read the other pages. And educational. :)
I'm going to keep it as it is in my collection. I found it on an auction site. I gave 40$ for it.

Holy. Mother. Of God. That's all I'm going to say.

Wreckie

macrumors regular
May 9, 2011
Anyone interested in sealed black iPod video 30GB? PM
/It is Late 2006, aka 5.5G Classic

Last edited:

Ahboyd

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Went through my old stuff and found this promotion stickers for the iPod 2. So I thought sharing with you guys. Couldn't believe it had been 11 years already.

attachment.php

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Went through my old stuff and found this promotion stickers for the iPod 2. So I thought sharing with you guys. Couldn't believe it had been 11 years already.

It's actually the third generation iPod, and although iChernov presents images on a black 3:rd gen iPod, the iPod on the promotion images is not black. It's a standard white iPod, backlit in a dark room so it only looks black. I have the promotional poster and the t-shirt from the event. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.