Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blizman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
Hi all, I have ordered my iPhone 6 64gb for sprint and now I'm waiting still. Now before i bought the 6 i wanted the 6+ but I kept going back and forth between the 6 64 gb or the 6 + 16gb. Now I'm thinking about. Canceling my order and ordering a 6+ should i? Should i just wait for mine to come into see if i like it?

DivergenceZero

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2014
never get a 16GB iPhone, you will regret it.

Anyways, give the 6 a try first, if you think the size is too small, or you're itching for more, you can always return and get the plus.

It's true that the 6+ has better battery & screen and camera, but the form factor is important.

ajcgn

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Small thing, but I find it much more difficult to take my 6 out of my front jeans pocket when sitting down than my 4s. Hate to think about getting the + out my pocket. Now that I have used my 6 for a couple of weeks, I'm glad I didn't get the +, but everyone is different.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I have a 64GB Space Gray 6 Plus.. it's amazing. I'll sell it to buy a 6S Plus next year for sure!

Go to your local Apple Store and play around with both to see which will suit you best, there is no right or wrong answer. For some people the iPhone 6 is a better buy. But i would suggest against getting a 16GB model.

Blizman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
I know i have to have 64gb or more so thats where im at right now. I have big hands and can handle the 6+ just not sure if the 6 is going to be enough for me... Also i am very tired of waiting for this thing which is a whole different problem if i switch to the plus

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I think it really boils down to what's more important to you:

Portability and one-handed use --> 6

Battery life --> 6+

I think those are the greatest advantages each one has to offer over the other. It's pretty simple. And like everyone else said, for 90% of people, 16GB is useless. I had 32GB on my iPhone 5 and was constantly managing space and deleting stuff to make room for application and SW updates; it became a real pain in the butt. I went with 128GB this time so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Hi all, I have ordered my iPhone 6 64gb for sprint and now I'm waiting still. Now before i bought the 6 i wanted the 6+ but I kept going back and forth between the 6 64 gb or the 6 + 16gb.
Go with your gut feeling. If you wanted the 6 Plus originally, it's probably a better phone for you. But you can always go into an Apple Store or Sprint store and play around with both.

Scott1012

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
Get the 6+. The battery life and the screen size makes it a true upgrade rather than a marginal upgrade. Stay away from the 16GB. Apple should have discontinued that model and started with the 32 GB. The reason why they didn't is because most people would have taken the 32 GB as "sufficient" and they would have lost the sweet spot of the 64 GB they have now which makes them more money.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Since the 6 is only a week or so of a wait I would just wait for it to arrive and if you don't like it you can return within 14 days and go with the 6+ but indeed as everyone else said 16 GB is useless. I want to say the 6+ is about 2 weeks wait or so according to some of my friends that ordered it if waiting is not an issue for you. I personally have the 6+ because I consider my self a "power user" and the battery life is important to me as well as the screen size and graphics. When I first got my 6+ I thought it was gigantic and was debating to return it but after 2 weeks I was saying there's no way I'm going to that iphone 6, it's tiny! (My sister has one so I was able to play with it). Overall I'm very satisfied with my 6+ I'm glad I kept it. I'm 6'1 with average size hands and have no issues using 1 handed now, kind of got used to it after having it longer then a month now. If this relates to you go for the 6+, you won't regret it, just takes some getting used to.

imnjs

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
Get the 6+. The battery life and the screen size makes it a true upgrade rather than a marginal upgrade. Stay away from the 16GB. Apple should have discontinued that model and started with the 32 GB. The reason why they didn't is because most people would have taken the 32 GB as "sufficient" and they would have lost the sweet spot of the 64 GB they have now which makes them more money.

I've had the 16gb 6 for a bit now. My mobile life is mostly centered around Netflix and Spotify now, and I rarely take photos and if I do travel and need space for extra photos and videos there is always iCloud. I still have 8gb of available space, and that's more than I could ever need to get me through to my next cloud backup, and I haven't even upgraded to iCloud Drive yet.

Point being, the 16gb version does cater to a good majority of people that don't need it to be a media powerhouse. Smaller space disciplines you more in backing things up regularly.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Iphone 6 or Iphone 6+? Please Help!

Those were my options: 64GB 6 or 16GB 6+. I chose the 6+. A bigger screen and better battery life were crucial for me. For pictures and videos, just get Dropbox and upload them there.

Blizman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
Thanks for all the help guys!! Also i mainly want all the space for music thats really the biggest part of my life so i gotta have that space maybe if i can get 100 bucks together i can get the plus who knows:rolleyes:

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
You have to ask yourself what you will be using the phone for the most. If you're a heavy talker and don't care much about screen size, then the 6 is your answer.

I personally barely use my phone for talking, but find myself doing everything else with the occasional video browsing, so 6 + was the obvious choice for me due to screen size and battery life.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Hi all, I have ordered my iPhone 6 64gb for sprint and now I'm waiting still. Now before i bought the 6 i wanted the 6+ but I kept going back and forth between the 6 64 gb or the 6 + 16gb. Now I'm thinking about. Canceling my order and ordering a 6+ should i? Should i just wait for mine to come into see if i like it?

Go to a store and try it. It really is a super fast decision once you've seen/held both.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
This all boils down to your personal preference. There's no right or wrong here.

I started out saying I'm getting the iPhone 6+. I was the first person in line and they only had one model of the one u wanted on launch. I held the 6+ once and opted for the 6. I've not looked back. Last year I was opposite. I wanted the 5s. Went with the 5c and really wanted the 5s. Luckily for me my 5c started having TONS AND TONS of issues so I got the 5s from Apple.

This is YOUR choice and only YOUR CHOICE.

ajcgn

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
is there anyway to stream my music library to my iphone?

I use Air Playit to stream from my MacBook to my IPhone, works remotely and at home. If you search for that App at the App Store, other useful suggestions will pop up as well. Works for music and videos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.