Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

althaur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
MD, USA
I cannot get my Apple TV to connect via homesharing to my iMac. I have turned homesharing on and off. Restart both ATV and computer. I have checked firewalls in the iMac and router. Did a factory reset on the ATV and started from scratch.

When I try to connect, I will get the spinning icon saying it's attempting to connect. Then I get the notification it can't connect and to turn on homesharing.

I spoke with folks at the local Apple store and no one there could had any idea what the issue might be.

While I can access music, tv shows and movies I've purchased from iTunes, I can't see any of the music or movies I've uploaded.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Josh

althaur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
MD, USA
I had the same problem; tried everything with the same symptoms. Found this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1799389/

See post #12. Issue was resolved with this fix. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't do anything. I restarted my iMac and ATV, signed out and into home sharing again and nothing worked. It can see the name of the library but can't connect for some reason. Getting really annoyed with this damn thing.

Thanks again. I'll keep trying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.