Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sweetmaanu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
My MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008) logic board has been brocken, At the moment I have to change my logicboard.

what I am thinking that change my logic board or buy a macbook pro logicboard for my macbook ?

ther is no problem it is expensive or not, if it is possible to upgrade I would like to upgrade.

please reply me if anybody knows thanks in advance :)

Nov 28, 2010
located
The 13" MacBook Pro logic board, even one from 2009, will not fit, as it has an additional Firewire port and also a different battery connector, the late 2008 MB's battery could be easily replaced, while the 2009 13" MBP's battery was not user replaceable.

Head over to http://www.ifixit.com to see teardowns of those two machines.

sweetmaanu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Thank you very much for you reply. I have only one option which is replace with same logic board isn't ?
let me ask you one more question if you don't mind
is this logic board coming with processor ?
where should I buy it ?

The 13" MacBook Pro logic board, even one from 2009, will not fit, as it has an additional Firewire port and also a different battery connector, the late 2008 MB's battery could be easily replaced, while the 2009 13" MBP's battery was not user replaceable.

Head over to http://www.ifixit.com to see teardowns of those two machines.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thank you very much for you reply. I have only one option which is replace with same logic board isn't ?
let me ask you one more question if you don't mind
is this logic board coming with processor ?
where should I buy it ?

The logic board has the processor already integrated, it is soldered to it. eBay is probably your best bet. iFixIt can also be used, but is a tee bit more expensive, but will probably help you finding the correct name for the logic board.

sweetmaanu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
finally found my product details. there two model here in this list

mine is 2.0GHz MacBook(MB466LL/A)

there is another one also we can see in the list which is 2.4GHz MacBook(MB467LL/A)

Do you think I can use 2.4GHz MacBook(MB467LL/A) logic board if it is available ?

thanks you very much your all help much appreciated :)

The logic board has the processor already integrated, it is soldered to it. eBay is probably your best bet. iFixIt can also be used, but is a tee bit more expensive, but will probably help you finding the correct name for the logic board.

Noam Chomsky

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2014
Did you try out the 2.4ghz logic board in the end? I've got a broken macbook someone passed on to me that I'm fixing up for fun. Wondering if I could give it an upgrade while I'm at it.

Thanks

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
As long as it's the same number, you can upgrade.

So, any 820-2327-A board will work with any otrher 820-2327 board

Any 820-2530 board will work with any other 820-2530 board

you can use an 820-2879 board where an 820-2530 board is, but good luck bending the heatsink to ft.

You can use an 820-3115 board where an 820-2936 was, but here you need to buy a new heatsink entirely. Also LVDS cable will have to be replaced in this instance.

And that's all there is to it with a1278 board compatibility. So long as the board model #, that seven digit code starting with 820, is the same, you can use it. And the only "upgrades" are the ones I posted.

Still, it's a 2008 design with a 1280x800 screen.. there's really only so much you can "upgrade" this antiquated design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.