Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baptistman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Well I phoned the Cardiff store yesterday to be informed all variety of the Air 2 should be in store for sale on 23rd. I'm currently camped outside the St David's Store all on my own.

holycowe

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2010
Please go home and have a good sleep. It won't be sold out like the iPhones. I promise.
Over here, they're selling em today and all stores still have every single model in stock (wifi only). Cellular models are not avail. yet

baptistman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Your right I'm sure. Store opens at 9:30 gmt. They bought a stool out for me to sit on. I do feel a bit of a numpty.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Your right I'm sure. Store opens at 9:30 gmt. They bought a stool out for me to sit on. I do feel a bit of a numpty.

Lol. Things we do for shiny shiny eh?

I'm on train into Manc, hoping the Apple Store in the Arndale are selling cellular. I've got to go in anyway so it's only a case of getting a slightly earlier train.

baptistman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Correct. Anyway. They've let me in the store early to have a play. The store opens at 9:30.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Correct. Anyway. They've let me in the store early to have a play. The store opens at 9:30.

Since you have an hour to kill, what are your first impressions?

Is there a new 5K iMac to play with too?

On a side note, I'd love if at the next Apple Event, they talk about the success of the iPad Air 2 launch, and show a video.

The video is black and white with sad music, of you, on your own, in the Apple Store... shots of you walking around with your hands in your pockets... checking the time....

That would be brilliant.

baptistman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
It's really nice. The screen pops out at you. Colours are vibrant and crisp. Side by side my 6 plus is about the same thickness. When you play music the iPad does vibrate quite a bit. It's very responsive and fast. I've decided to go for space grey. Just can't decide on 64gb or 128gb. The mini 3 can't really differentiate from the mini 2 except for the home button.

----------

Since you have an hour to kill, what are your first impressions?

Is there a new 5K iMac to play with too?

On a side note, I'd love if at the next Apple Event, they talk about the success of the iPad Air 2 launch, and show a video.

The video is black and white with sad music, of you, on your own, in the Apple Store... shots of you walking around with your hands in your pockets... checking the time....

That would be brilliant.
I'm gonna do a video now after your suggestion.

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
Just phoned Cardiff and they said they have no cellular at all, they are not sure when they are being delivered :(

Pre ordered online anyway, so it will hopefully be here by tomorrow.

baptistman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
That's strange as they said they had all variations. I have a brand new sealed air 64gig cellular if anyone interested £400

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
That's actually very cool of them that they let you hang out at the store by yourself. Did you ask permission to record that video?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.