Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
So i talked to customer service and their estimated arrival date is 10/24 for my iPad! They mentioned that they most likely have a special for the iPad that they are shipping all pre-orders early.

But who knows--crossing my fingers I see it on friday.

tuna9720

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
10/20
3:30
iPad Air 2 Wifi 64GB Silver
Ordered in store after trade-in
Pickup date 11/5

Were you able to use your $50 coupon when you pre-ordered, or are they going to adjust the price at the time of the pick up?

darabo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
The 10% off coupon does work. I used it and then also got another 10% in rewards back with Discover. Plus $10 in Best Buy rewards.

Over $100 saved.

You can get 10% off using Discover as well?

Also for those who want 10% off from Best Buy, go to any USPS to get a change of address form/package and the 10% off coupon is included in it.

kioko91

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Best buy website shows pick up at my local store today's date. I go there and they refuse to sell them until tomorrow. On my way to an Apple Store now. Their loss.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
You can get 10% off using Discover as well?

Also for those who want 10% off from Best Buy, go to any USPS to get a change of address form/package and the 10% off coupon is included in it.

Yes, Discover is giving 5% back on all Online or Department store orders (so I ordered online for in-store pickup which counts) and then if you go to Discover's list of partner shops in their ShopDiscover page, you can click on the link to Best Buy and save another 5% back since it stacks with the online promo.

And if your post office gives you the in-store only movers coupon, you can complete the Change of Address online for $1 and get the online & in store version of the coupon.

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
I got BB online to change the shipping to expedited.

I just checked my ETA.....November 24....
bloody hell

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
I guess I was able to cancel it because it didn't make any progress since I ordered it on Friday, haha. Never buying from Best Buy again. They're customer service is poor too.

Likewise, the only reason I ordered through then is due to the fact that I had an abundance of gift cards plus their trade in program

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
Anyone's order progress change?

Mine is still at payment validated, with a release date of 10/24. Talked to 5 different customer service reps and they said they see an estimated delivery on Friday. Either they don't understand what release date means, or their system doesn't update on the customers end...

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
On the forums the Best Buy rep there just said they can't comment on a release date despite me telling them that people already have received orders from elsewhere including Apple. I posted again saying I doubt they have a deal with Apple that let's Apple sell them for two days while Best Buy does nothing, so I wanted to know know who they need to talk to in order to find out if I can pick up my pre-order later today so long as they have received it (and I sure doubt they are not getting them till Friday considering it is supposed release day on their site and says it will be for sure ready).

darabo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
Yes, Discover is giving 5% back on all Online or Department store orders (so I ordered online for in-store pickup which counts) and then if you go to Discover's list of partner shops in their ShopDiscover page, you can click on the link to Best Buy and save another 5% back since it stacks with the online promo.

And if your post office gives you the in-store only movers coupon, you can complete the Change of Address online for $1 and get the online & in store version of the coupon.

Are you sure the two 5% cashbacks from Discover stack? There's nothing on the site that says otherwise...

But 20% off an iPad Air 2 at launch is tempting...

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Are you sure the two 5% cashbacks from Discover stack? There's nothing on the site that says otherwise...

But 20% off an iPad Air 2 at launch is tempting...

Yep, it does say they stack on Discover's site. keep in mind that they have a right to invalidate the 5% back from ShopDiscover if you use a coupon, but then it's at least still 15% off. That said, I've never had them reject me for using coupons at ShopDiscover.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
WELL DANG. Just got a text that my pickup is ready. HOW CAN I SLEEP NOW?

randymac88

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2008
I got the text too saying to pick up my order (it didn't specifcally say it's ready though). Then I got an email specifically saying it will be ready Friday (tomorrow). WTF?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
The release day is FRIDAY for BB. Why are you folks not understanding this? It doesn't matter what Apple or Joe Blow stores do or what your confirmation says. Errors happen. My BB never breaks their release date.

Anyone getting it sooner was fortunate. Even the website said the last time I checked that it is available for preorder and pickup is FRIDAY.

questionmarcus

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2013
The release day is FRIDAY for BB. Why are you folks not understanding this? It doesn't matter what Apple or Joe Blow stores do or what your confirmation says. Errors happen. My BB never breaks their release date.

Anyone getting it sooner was fortunate. Even the website said the last time I checked that it is available for preorder and pickup is FRIDAY.

Cool story bro

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014

Except that's nuts. Why would a multimillion dollar retailer agree to not sell the most popular tablet in the world for two days while the store across the street is selling it. They'd be idiots to not let them loose and claim they need to wait for 'release day.'

LFCYNWA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Looks like my card was charged tonight. Hopefully I'll get the iPad soon

kioko91

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Best Buy Order Only

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414126050.237082.jpg

That says Wednesday. And the store refused to sell it even with that screenshot amongst showing their own website stating it was in stock for pick up 2 days ago. Ended up going to Apple as I previously said and walking out with my iPad. I have no problems waiting, but when your website tells me I can buy it and pick it up right then and you tell me no even though the manager admitted to having stock... I'll take my money elsewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.