Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Hi everyone,
I can not figure out what the heck I'm not doing right.When I went to text a message for
the first couple of weeks, my keyboard worked as it should. I had read on this forum how to pull up the predictive words when they suddenly " disappeared" as a option. I would swipe up from my keyboard from this - symbol, and all was well. I've been looking for a solution now because
The - symbol that I used to swipe up from is gone. I've re-started my phone, checked to make sure my predictive spell check was on. All the settings look right to me ... What am I missing??? Lol...

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
the - is completely gone? Maybe try different apps that use the keyboard to see if the - will pop up elsewhere?

Try settings+General+keyboards+ and make sure "Predictive" is on

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks, it is completely gone. Predictive text is on... It had been working fine. So odd, I had a 2nd key board I was using and thought maybe that had caused the issue, so I deleted it. Nothing.. Thanks for the advice, guess ill keep looking.. Lol

Learylvr.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks.. I'll go check, appreciate all the help

----------

Maybe when I updated it turned predictive off.. Because it WAS on, lol .. But when I checked it now it was off.. Doi! Thanks the first thing I checked.. Lol but somehow it was off..lol I wouldn't looked again but I was checking to see if both keyboards were enabled. Thanks so much!!!!

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
I was going to say try swiping up where the predictive text would be...for some reason I always have an issue where I must be swiping it down to "hide" it inadvertently.

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Predictive text gone??? What a heartbreaker. Sarcasm is on. Normally that's the first thing I turn off on a phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.