Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm returning a 16gb 6 plus before the 14 days are up to the Apple store. Decided against the color and will keep the SG i have on order (which also has more GB). I have a few questions about the return.

Can I go to any Apple store (not just the one I bought at)?

Do I just wait to talk to a genius or am I helped faster than waiting for a genius?

Is the return process pretty simple? My phone is in immaculate condition but what kind of inspection and testing, if any, will they do on it? I'm just trying to estimate how long this will take.

Do they question about why I'm returning? I just want to get a different color and more GBs.

ian-frs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2007
ATL
You can go to any Apple store as long as the purchase wasn't made online, they might ask some questions about why your returning it, but no real testing just a quick look over to make sure its factory reset and not abused in anyway.

No need to wait for a genius, anyone in the store can help you with a return, just let someone know by the door that's what you want to do. It won't take too long 15 minutes max if they have some unforeseeable problem with their POS system.

varatep

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2013
Talk to anyone and tell them you aren't satisfied with your purchase and would like to return it. Mention that it is still in the 14 days time frame. Should be no questions asked other than how was your experience... etc. They will of course do a check on the phone.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
I'm returning a 16gb 6 plus before the 14 days are up to the Apple store. Decided against the color and will keep the SG i have on order (which also has more GB). I have a few questions about the return.

Can I go to any Apple store (not just the one I bought at)?

Do I just wait to talk to a genius or am I helped faster than waiting for a genius?

Is the return process pretty simple? My phone is in immaculate condition but what kind of inspection and testing, if any, will they do on it? I'm just trying to estimate how long this will take.

Do they question about why I'm returning? I just want to get a different color and more GBs.

Take it back to any Apple Store along with your receipt. Anyone on the store floor will be able to help you - they'll scan the barcode on your receipt using their EasyPay (an iPod Touch with a card reader attached) and refund your purchase onto your payment card. I've returned quite a few things and I've never seen them look closely at the item at all (actually I once returned an iPhone years ago and forgot to include the charger in the box and they never noticed. I took the charger in the next day to give back to them, but they really don't tend to look closely). They'll probably ask you why you're returning it, but they'll accept pretty much any reason (I was told the most common reason for returns recorded on the EasyPay is "Buyer's Remorse").

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.