Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ISO50

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
USA
My iPhone 6 developed a hairline crack across the bottom of the screen right above the home button. The phone was never dropped and it was protected by the Apple silicone case since launch day. Apple did end up replacing it as they should since this is clearly a defect with the glass. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to their iPhone 6.

2rxz893.jpg

11cci6q.jpg

Shivetya

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
From The official iPhone Visual/Mechanical Inspection Guide

and my apple store wants to charge me for replacing the glass where a small crack is originating from the button and going left - looks identical to the picture shown.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
and my apple store wants to charge me for replacing the glass where a small crack is originating from the button and going left - looks identical to the picture shown.

Speak to a manager or try a different Apple Store. They have a policy to replace single hairline cracks under warranty. Make sure it's actually a single crack. If there's more than one, no go.

Shivetya

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
thank you for this advice, worked out perfectly.

Damn Apple, didn't let me feel oppressed, just passed it around to two guys and said, we'll replace it (and blame the sapphire guys for going out of business)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.