Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Mine has been dispatched too and is currently in Hinckley. I still don't know which courier is going to deliver it but I'm hoping its UPS as if they can't deliver I can go pick it up at their depot near where I work.

neil1981

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Southampton, UK
My 64GB Space Grey LTE (ordered 1735) was dispatched today from China. I guess I must have missed all the UK stock. Showing a delivery estimate of Monday/Tuesday. It was showing as being delivered 22-24th until yesterday.

Apple really seems to have dropped the ball with product launches this year. I had to wait almost a month for a launch day ordered iPhone 6 Plus too.

Dunkrag

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Walked into Convent Garden Apple Store about 4pm and picked up a 128gb Air2 no problem...

No celluar versions though.

No mention of Air 2 on any signage around the store though.. Their were all on display though, including the mini 3's

Daviduk

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Surrey
Walked into Convent Garden Apple Store about 4pm and picked up a 128gb Air2 no problem...

No celluar versions though.

No mention of Air 2 on any signage around the store though.. Their were all on display though, including the mini 3's

They had plenty at Regent Street yesterday, but again, no cellular.

CXsjr

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2007
Scotland, UK
I telephoned the Braehead store yesterday morning to enquire whether the iPad Air 2 cases were in stock and was told they were, but that they didn't have the actual iPad's themselves.

I'd ordered my iPad Air 2 from JohnLewis.com and collected it from my local Waitrose store yesterday afternoon. I then went to the Braehead Apple store to collect a case and the guy was clearly embarrassed at me walking into the shop with a new Apple product (as I wasn't going to leave it in the car car) they'd not even had stock of themselves!

Seems they kind of dropped the ball on this one?!

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
Just picked up the one I wanted from my local Apple store in Bristol Cribbs.
Loads of stock plus all the cases. I wanted WiFi only so don't know if they had any cellular versions.

Checked out John Lewis as you get the extra year warranty but they had no
demo units to try so decided to go with the store where I can actually see one.

No point in pre-ordering and all the associated hassle if you have a local store.

liquorice

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2012
Surrey
Just picked up the one I wanted from my local Apple store in Bristol Cribbs.
Loads of stock plus all the cases. I wanted WiFi only so don't know if they had any cellular versions.

Checked out John Lewis as you get the extra year warranty but they had no
demo units to try so decided to go with the store where I can actually see one.

No point in pre-ordering and all the associated hassle if you have a local store.

if I hadn't wanted cellular I would of cancelled and got john lewis to ship it to my local Waitrose, but it looks like will be getting it tomorrow so happy.

robohunter

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2009
UK
Mine says Syncreon... I've never even heard of them.

You can track with Syncreon until they hand it over to the courier (probably UKMail). You need both the "Delivery number" (probably starts with "8") and your Apple order reference (starts with "W"). Both are available on the "My orders" page. The following is copied and pasted from last month's iPhone 6 thread:

My order has been shipped with Syncreon, how can I track it?
Enter your 'Delivery Number' in the 'Order No/Delivery No' box on the Syncreon tracking page, and your Apple order number (starts with W) in the ‘Web Order No’ box. If your tracking number starts with '309' you will then be able to track it to delivery on the UK Mail Tracking Page. Please note that tracking numbers may take some time to become active.

In my experience, once it appears anywhere other than Hinckley, the courier has received it. With my iPhone, that was quite late at night but I still received it the next day, and I'm in Northern Ireland.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
if I hadn't wanted cellular I would of cancelled and got john lewis to ship it to my local Waitrose, but it looks like will be getting it tomorrow so happy.

I originally wanted to replace as near as possible my current Air which is
32gb and cellular. However, I only use about 10gb and rarely use cellular.

So I then thought what the hell, I will see if I really need 64gb and cellular
with the extra expense up front and paying for a data plan. So 16gb wifi
only it is. Going to be interesting! Not about the money, just curious.

m11rphy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2009
Im a bit confused I have ordered at different to Air 2's both 64gb cellular models. both are showing as dispatched however only my SG order has an apple sim included the other one is only the iPad. anyone know why this would be ?

alexbulluk

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
Derbyshire, UK
You can track with Syncreon until they hand it over to the courier (probably UKMail). You need both the "Delivery number" (probably starts with "8") and your Apple order reference (starts with "W"). Both are available on the "My orders" page. The following is copied and pasted from last month's iPhone 6 thread:

My order has been shipped with Syncreon, how can I track it?
Enter your 'Delivery Number' in the 'Order No/Delivery No' box on the Syncreon tracking page, and your Apple order number (starts with W) in the ‘Web Order No’ box. If your tracking number starts with '309' you will then be able to track it to delivery on the UK Mail Tracking Page. Please note that tracking numbers may take some time to become active.

In my experience, once it appears anywhere other than Hinckley, the courier has received it. With my iPhone, that was quite late at night but I still received it the next day, and I'm in Northern Ireland.

Perfect, thanks! It looks like it's coming via UKMail, and I know they're pretty good around my area.

medavo

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Lincoln, UK
Mine has now moved to Preparing for despatch so there is still a half decent chance of getting it tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Not a good sign. With today the final day of my delivery window it is still sat on Preparing to Dispatch. Not lost hope yet as it may be old data but......

alex55551

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
same here, maybe they are just awaiting the courier at the syncreon post center and will still be delivered today.

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
My order is still showing this morning as preparing for delivery with a delivery date of 22-24 Oct. Unless they suddenly do same day delivery I'm guessing that's not going to happen!! #####

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.