Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
If they stay somewhat close to the book, this is definitely in the cards.

They don't get to live.

B

At first I was going to berate you for not adding spoiler tags.

But then I remembered, when Rick tells you he's going to kill you... Well... He's going to kill you.

----------

Yikes. What a couple of eps to start the season. Wonder what the preacher did they he'll burn for?

Wife and I thought maybe he locked his flock out of the church to be killed by the walkers.

Seems like it might be more than that though. Dunno. Might involve the black car that took Beth too.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
But then I remembered, when Rick tells you he's going to kill you... Well... He's going to kill you.

:p

There are enough differences between the show and the comic that it may not work out the same way. The Governor's arc was different enough!

In the book, these events take place during a bit of an identity crisis and power struggle within the group. That dynamic is different here. Though sending Darryl and Carol off to find Beth may be a way to get back to that.

B

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Not so sure on this one. Darryll seems to have found the people who kidnapped Beth, so that may be the direction the story goes it in this season. Also the preacher man may tie into this. I guess we shall see.

The Preacher might also be aligned or have connections to the Hunters group.

:p

There are enough differences between the show and the comic that it may not work out the same way. The Governor's arc was different enough!

In the book, these events take place during a bit of an identity crisis and power struggle within the group. That dynamic is different here. Though sending Darryl and Carol off to find Beth may be a way to get back to that.

B

I don't think they sent Daryl and Carol off, I think they took off on their own. Unless I missed that part. But I thought Carol went to the car and was thinking about leaving but Daryl caught up with her and the both went.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I need to catch up on this show. I've watched seasons 1-3 and only 6 episodes from season 4.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
I will say when Carol and Daryl went off I laughed when she freaked about him busting out the tail light on that caddy. Like they really matter now :p:rolleyes:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
They have morphed Carol into a completely different character as compared to the comic, but I can handle it. General themes and dynamics are more important. After the current crisis it should be on to DC! :)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
They have morphed Carol into a completely different character as compared to the comic, but I can handle it. General themes and dynamics are more important. After the current crisis it should be on to DC! :)

I've not read the comics, but from what I've heard Carol in the show is sort of more like Andrea in the comics. Is that true?

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio

DC... Crisis. The little comic book geek in me just snickered at that.

[slight comic spoiler ahead]
As the TV Carol has managed to outlive her comic counterpart by this point, the writers have plenty of creative leeway for developing her.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Mild Comic Spoiler

For those reading the comic, I just finished its largest story arc, 12 issues. I like how they kept it grounded. For those not reading, bigger than Woodburry. :) :)

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Loved the quick resolution of the Termites. So much inspired by the book, but different enough. I had to go back and re-read "Fear The Hunters."

I had forgotten that Morgan was with them at this point in the book.

Wish they were closer to the 12 issue arc, but there's so much ground to cover...

B

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Loved the quick resolution of the Termites. So much inspired by the book, but different enough. I had to go back and re-read "Fear The Hunters."

I had forgotten that Morgan was with them at this point in the book.

Wish they were closer to the 12 issue arc, but there's so much ground to cover...

B

You and me both! After watching the episode and re-reading the arc, there were a lot of similarities between the two! A lot of them!

I too am happy they took care of business and did it rather quick. They didn't drag it out which I think is a huge plus in my book!!!!

Which 12 issue arc are you referring to? Most of the arc's are five to six issues, however the savior arc if you will spans a few different arcs.

Is that the one you are referring to?

At the pace they are going, I have a feeling we will see Negan at the end of this season or very beginning of the next. Of course this depends on how fast they move the story along.

I am really curious to see who is with Daryl at the end of this weeks episode.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
You and me both! After watching the episode and re-reading the arc, there were a lot of similarities between the two! A lot of them!

I too am happy they took care of business and did it rather quick. They didn't drag it out which I think is a huge plus in my book!!!!

Which 12 issue arc are you referring to? Most of the arc's are five to six issues, however the savior arc if you will spans a few different arcs.

Is that the one you are referring to?

At the pace they are going, I have a feeling we will see Negan at the end of this season or very beginning of the next. Of course this depends on how fast they move the story along.

I am really curious to see who is with Daryl at the end of this weeks episode.

Technically The Saviors arc is longer than 12 issues, but a certain 12 issues were singled out by conflict. Of interest, I was reading TWD Wikia and it states that the episode following The Saviors takes place 2 years later.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
You and me both!!!! I am actually glad they took the time to develop everything and not rush or send us something that was, like you said, over the top!

Are you caught up on the series?

I'm at issue 127, the episode after hostilities subside between the Saviors and Rick's group. I don't like reading issue to issue, so I wait till the digital price drops to $1.99 download, and read 10 or so issues in close proximity to one another.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just finished last Sunday's show. I can't pin point it but this show is feeling epic again. :) Low points so far- killing a season on the farm. Woodbury was ok, but more muddled than the comic. I did not care for TV's version of the Governor.

jahoys

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Earth
Can't believe that Maggie & Glenn would leave the group and her sister Beth to go with the guys heading for DC. :(

VI™

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2010
Shepherdsturd, WV
Just finished last Sunday's show. I can't pin point it but this show is feeling epic again. :) Low points so far- killing a season on the farm. Woodbury was ok, but more muddled than the comic. I did not care for TV's version of the Governor.

I think the show kind of lost it's way when Darabont was forced out. He had a grand vision and AMC didn't think it was worth investing the money on their number one show that they actually owned. Kind of dumb in my opinion and it could have cost them in the long run, but I think it's really found it's footing again and is moving forward. The end of season 4 was really good as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.