Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apbrasmussen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
Hi all.

The pictures uploaded to iCloud Photo Library (from my iPhone) are app. half size of the pictures on my phone?

As I have selected to only have optimized versions on my iPhone it should be the other way around?

Any experiences on this matter?

Anders

lemieuxfan67

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Hi all.

The pictures uploaded to iCloud Photo Library (from my iPhone) are app. half size of the pictures on my phone?

As I have selected to only have optimized versions on my iPhone it should be the other way around?

Any experiences on this matter?

Anders

Where are you viewing them when they are half the size?

apbrasmussen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
I am viewing them on iCloud.com -> Photos. Downloading by pressing the download button (Cloud with arrow down).

Any other ways to get them from iCloud Photo Library?

Anders

lemieuxfan67

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
I am viewing them on iCloud.com -> Photos. Downloading by pressing the download button (Cloud with arrow down).

Any other ways to get them from iCloud Photo Library?

Anders

So the iCloud Photo Library will have your original file size there, but for some reason or another icloud.com shows a smaller photo online. Someone in another thread confirmed this. As of right now, the only way I see to get the original-sized photo is from an IOS8 device. When the Photos app for OSX is released in Early 2015, you'll be able to sync photos and view them from the app.

azukre

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
So the iCloud Photo Library will have your original file size there, but for some reason or another icloud.com shows a smaller photo online. Someone in another thread confirmed this. As of right now, the only way I see to get the original-sized photo is from an IOS8 device. When the Photos app for OSX is released in Early 2015, you'll be able to sync photos and view them from the app.

which thread?

hunkim

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah - I'm the one that tested it (being a photog I wanted to make sure I always have the highest resolution available) - I'm assuming the web 'app' is currently being worked out in beta and my hope is eventually they'll have like 3 size download options available (e.g. original, 2048px, 1000px or whatever).

Even better, hopefully the desktop app will be able to have all the images at full res so not even a need to dl etc.

lemieuxfan67

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Yeah - I'm the one that tested it (being a photog I wanted to make sure I always have the highest resolution available) - I'm assuming the web 'app' is currently being worked out in beta and my hope is eventually they'll have like 3 size download options available (e.g. original, 2048px, 1000px or whatever).

Even better, hopefully the desktop app will be able to have all the images at full res so not even a need to dl etc.

I know not to assume anything anymore, but I would have to imagine that the Photos app for OSX will have the Hi res photos just like iOS 8 devices do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.