Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I am currently using an unlocked 6 plus that i purchased from apple (tmobile version). I'm using it on att. I went into att and got a sim when I bought it. they handed it over for free and i put it in and that was that.

I ordered a new 6 plus (different color and more gb) that is arriving soon. Should i activate it with the sim it already has in it or should i take the sim out of my current 6 plus and put it in the new 6 plus?

dcharleyultra

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2013
I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking, but you can use your current SIM in both phones if the phones are to be used on the same line.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I bought and use an unlocked Gold 6 Plus 16GB now with an att sim, phone number 1234.

I also ordered a Space Gray 64GB 6 Plus because I wanted more storage and the SG color. I ordered this phone on Apple.com using ATT NEXT. I bought the upgrade through phone number 1234.

I would assume either sim is fine to use but I'm just curious if one is better than the other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.