Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
UPDATE: I am now in a boot loop after restarting the phone. I am no longer recommending this guide or jailbreaking in general until Cydia is packaged into Pangu and updated with bugfixes.

Used Pangu 1.0.1 on my ip6.

Make sure to disable find my iphone & your passcode prior to jailbreaking.

ran Pangu as administrator, unchecked PP, clicked blue button.

Installed OpenSSH from Pangu app & WinSCP as SSH client (this is a windows program)

connected to local wifi IP using WinSCP (root:alpine {dont forget to change root password using passwd command in terminal})

This is where I ran into some issues installing the cydia translation and cydia app packages..

The typical commands listed on various guides resulted in error codes.

dpkg -i cydia*

This command solves these issues and installs both packages at once. I did notice that it did not notify me that the process was completed. I simply left it alone for 2 minutes and then ran:

command will immediately break WinSCP connection and reboot the phone. Once it reboots, you will now have the Cydia app. Now you open Cydia and give 2-5 minutes for filesystem to update. Be patient, this took longer than expected for me.

That's it. You are now ready to go.

Use Pangu app to uninstall PP (the cracked app store).

Any package requiring Cydia Substrate should automatically install it. However, I recommend taking care of this manually by searching for it in Cydia and installing it right away.

AGAIN, DONT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR ROOT PASSWORD.

Any questions please ask I'll help how I can.

KNOWN ISSUES:

Breaks sending pics through messages app

Last edited:

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
Used Pangu 1.0.1 on my ip6.

Make sure to disable find my iphone & your passcode prior to jailbreaking.

ran Pangu as administrator, unchecked PP, clicked blue button.

Installed OpenSSH from Pangu app & WinSCP as SSH client (this is a windows program)

connected to local wifi IP using WinSCP (root:alpine {dont forget to change root password using passwd command in terminal})

This is where I ran into some issues installing the cydia translation and cydia app packages..

The typical commands listed on various guides resulted in error codes.

This command solves these issues and installs both packages at once. I did notice that it did not notify me that the process was completed. I simply left it alone for 2 minutes and then ran:

command will immediately break WinSCP connection and reboot the phone. Once it reboots, you will now have the Cydia app. Now you open Cydia and give 2-5 minutes for filesystem to update. Be patient, this took longer than expected for me.

That's it. You are now ready to go.

Use Pangu app to uninstall PP (the cracked app store).

Any package requiring Cydia Substrate should automatically install it. However, I recommend taking care of this manually by searching for it in Cydia and installing it right away.

AGAIN, DONT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR ROOT PASSWORD.

Any questions please ask I'll help how I can.

Thanks! Good info in here :cool:

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
Same here, on boot loop so I am waiting for a more stable version (i'm on iP6+)

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
UPDATE: I am now in a boot loop after restarting the phone. I am no longer recommending this guide or jailbreaking in general until Cydia is packaged into Pangu and updated with bugfixes.

It's a well known fact that it boot loops if you restart the phone and you have a passcode on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.