Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emperor4ok

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
I did all three interviews for Apple At-home. i am about to do the background check for the position tomorrow. I know what my background looks like, I have two misdemeanors for traffic tickets five years ago. I did put this on my application when I applied. Will this effect me in the job offer? I have been trying to work with Apple for over two months now and would hate to give my hopes up at the last bit of the race. Thank You everyone. :):)

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
I did all three interviews for Apple At-home. i am about to do the background check for the position tomorrow. I know what my background looks like, I have two misdemeanors for traffic tickets five years ago. I did put this on my application when I applied. Will this effect me in the job offer? I have been trying to work with Apple for over two months now and would hate to give my hopes up at the last bit of the race. Thank You everyone. :):)
I have a speeding ticket on mine and still got hired.

eww7633

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008

If you put that information on your application, and they still bothered to interview you 3 times, and pay for a background check, I would think that they don't particularly care about it. You were honest, that's the most important part for most employers.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Kind of moot now but I know someone that was denied a job because he didn't pass the background because of a traffic incident on his record (also a misdemeanor I believe). It wasn't because it was on his record, it was because he didn't disclose it, they would have been fine with it if he had disclosed it prior to the background check.

Sahjahn

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2014
They didn't ask about the BGC on the application, only issue that I was having was verification of past jobs... I gave hire right my check stubs.... My start date is the 24th... Just waiting on my call

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
Congrats on the job!

Misdemeanors, and traffic violations I don't believe are taken into account on job interviews unless theres blood splatter on the hood.

Apple's a great place to work. I've considered going back a few times for a Cupertino position.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.