Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ahboyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Went through my old stuff and found this promotion stickers for the iPod 2. So I thought sharing with you guys. Couldn't believe it had been 11 years already.

Attachments

• iPod2 Sticker.jpg
    iPod2 Sticker.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 931

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Went through my old stuff and found this promotion stickers for the iPod 2. So I thought sharing with you guys. Couldn't believe it had been 11 years already.

Fascinating.

What was once the most cutting edge invention (and I recall the awed discussions and reviews which attended the launch of the iPod….) hip, cool, and incredibly sophisticated, has, within the time span of less than a decade, become obsolete……..and - while still used daily by some, admired by others, and recalled with reverence by yet others - has been discontinued, viewed as redundant to the commercial and marketing model Apple wishes to pursue…...

Well, it certainly puts things into perspective……..and sentiment (nor minority musical niche needs) clearly have no place in Apple's universe….

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
I got one of these 128mb mp3 usb sticks around that time... A time when to me all apple was expensive crap compard to pc.
A few years later I saw the first mac book pro in 2006 or something... That softened me up a bit.
My first apple device was the iphone 3...that phone changed my opinion on apple.... Now.. All allmost os and devices are are cool:)

Ahboyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
I got one of these 128mb mp3 usb sticks around that time... A time when to me all apple was expensive crap compard to pc.
A few years later I saw the first mac book pro in 2006 or something... That softened me up a bit.
My first apple device was the iphone 3...that phone changed my opinion on apple.... Now.. All allmost os and devices are are cool:)

My first Mac was a PowerBook G3 Pismo, it was year 2000. There is an old saying and quite ancient!.. "once you go Mac, you'll never buy crap."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.