Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
For those can't read Chinese. The following is there notes:

1) Backup your iPhone, turn OFF passkey, and turn OFF find my iPhone.

2) OTA may cause JAILBREAK fail. Please consider restore your phone from iTunes if required.

3) The "Storage full" warning is normal. It won't affect your system. Once Cydia installed and restructure the system file, the warning will go away.

4) No afc2 available at this moment.

5) DON'T even think to delete com.apple.mobile.softwareupdated.plist

6) if JB fail, try flight mode with Wi-Fi off.

Please make sure you know what you are doing before attempt to use this software.

Last edited:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Please make sure you know what you are doing before attempt to use this software.

It should be noted this jailbreak is intended for developers, not for the general public - that is why there is no Cydia included.

It's purpose is to allow developers to get their apps/hacks ready for the jailbreak.

There will be a flood of anxious noobies restoring their phones all day today.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1806907/

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I already use the 1.0.1 version to JB two 6+ and one 5s. All stable and normal. No data lost.

One 6+ was restore to factory setting before JB. No issue as expected.

Another 6+ and the 5s was up upgraded to 8.1 via OTA from 8.1B2. With all the user data still on the phone. Also JB successfully.

Open SSH available from the Pangu app. And I successfully turn off the camera shutter sound effect by accessing the system file from my Mac (both 6+ are the Japanese version. There is no way to turn off the camera shutter natively).

The JB is straight forward. It's a single click JB, you can simply click and wait until the progress bar finish. You don't need to know Chinese. The button won't turn blue (clickable) until initialisation finish. If the progress bar stuck in the middle with some red word above it. That means JB fail. The iPhone should still function normally. Anyway, the whole process should finish in less than 3 minutes.

I JB one 6+ and one 5s in Parallel (Windows 8.1) and one 6+ in Virtual Box (Windows XP). Both works. So, no real PC required.

bcharleson

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
No way in HELL would I jailbreak my iphone with Apple Pay enabled on it.

Then you probably shouldn't since you don't know how jailbreaking works. Yes there is risk but then again there is risk to anything. Bottom line is don't jump into something if you don't have enough knowledge about it.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
No way in HELL would I jailbreak my iphone with Apple Pay enabled on it.

Why not? Did you not jailbreak it before if you had PayPal or your Bank's mobile app installed? I'm far less concerned about a digital card being stolen from my phone than a physical card from my wallet. You're the reason why we still have cash... conspiracy theorists.

I'd recommend you educate yourself on how ApplePay works before saying this kind of thing.

The funny part is you probably went out to dinner tonight, handed your credit or debit card over to some server making minimum wage who takes it into the back and does god knows what with it for 5-10 minutes. LOL (no offense to servers FYI)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Why not? Did you not jailbreak it before if you had PayPal or your Bank's mobile app installed? I'm far less concerned about a digital card being stolen from my phone than a physical card from my wallet. You're the reason why we still have cash... conspiracy theorists.

I'd recommend you educate yourself on how ApplePay works before saying this kind of thing.

The funny part is you probably went out to dinner tonight, handed your credit or debit card over to some server making minimum wage who takes it into the back and does god knows what with it for 5-10 minutes. LOL (no offense to servers FYI)

Sorry, I'd rather give my CC to a waitress than some no name Chinese Dev group that originally included malware with their jailbreak software.

I trust Geohot, Saurik and ipod4g but I don't trust these clowns.

----------

Then you probably shouldn't since you don't know how jailbreaking works. Yes there is risk but then again there is risk to anything. Bottom line is don't jump into something if you don't have enough knowledge about it.

Ive been jailbreaking my iPhone since the iPhone 3G so I don't quite need someone to "explain" how it works. This isn't the same iPhone and this isn't Geohot's jailbreak.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Sorry, I'd rather give my CC to a waitress than some no name Chinese Dev group that originally included malware with their jailbreak software.

----------

Ive been jailbreaking my iPhone since the iPhone 3G so I don't quite need someone to "explain" how it works. This isn't the same iPhone and this isn't Geohot's jailbreak.

Then do not do it. It is like anyone actually cares. The original iOS 7 jailbreak didn't not include malware. It did include an App Store that has had all pirated apps.

You should wait until those people release jailbreak or do not go it at all. You seems not trusting JB anyways.

----------

The first release of Pangu jailbreak contains an option of installing an app called PP助手. It is Chinese app that contains all pirated apps. The first release was in Chinese only, so when it runs on Windows, Chinese characters will not displayed. Most people won't understand Chinese anyway. So they proceed without uncheck the option of installing the pirate app store.

It did not contain malware of any short. Whether if you think pirate App Store is ethical or not, it is entirely up to you

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

There were many articles out about it and then it was proven "wrong". Truth is I don't trust the pangu dev group.

Besides, I'm not a fan of what has become of the jailbreak community.

Back in the day Developers who had a passion for what they did would provide us these cool new features and apps free as if they were Robin Hood. Now It's a bunch of developers putting out simple tweaks/apps, collecting money and then abandoning support shortly thereafter.

To each his own I guess.

"the good ol' days"

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

Clearly you don't understand what a jailbreak is.

FACT: The devs just unlock the root structure of the device... to say you trust them means nothing. It's not them that then installs apps, it's the dozens of cydia tweaks by third parties, often chinese, that you install that you have no idea what it's doing behind the scenes.

FACT: Pangu never contained "malware" ... pirated apps, maybe.

It's quite obvious you're blinded by the smoke and mirrors Apple, the media, and conspiracy theorists put out. There's no evidence jailbreaking exposes your credit card to any compromise.

It's astonishing that you feel more comfortable giving your card to a waitress to disappear with for 10 minutes. That's precisely why the USA is so behind the rest of the world in payment technology. Asia has had mobile payments for 20 years, and we're just on the cusp of it becoming mainstream, because people like you have misinformation that provides a false sense of security. Such a shame.

----------

He\She has none, because he's repeating rumors reported by those who don't understand something so they assume it's a scam.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Clearly you don't understand what a jailbreak is.

FACT: The devs just unlock the root structure of the device... to say you trust them means nothing. It's not them that then installs apps, it's the dozens of cydia tweaks by third parties, often chinese, that you install that you have no idea what it's doing behind the scenes.

FACT: Pangu never contained "malware" ... pirated apps, maybe.

It's quite obvious you're blinded by the smoke and mirrors Apple, the media, and conspiracy theorists put out. There's no evidence jailbreaking exposes your credit card to any compromise.

It's astonishing that you feel more comfortable giving your card to a waitress to disappear with for 10 minutes. That's precisely why the USA is so behind the rest of the world in payment technology. Asia has had mobile payments for 20 years, and we're just on the cusp of it becoming mainstream, because people like you have misinformation that provides a false sense of security. Such a shame.

----------

He\She has none, because he's repeating rumors reported by those who don't understand something so they assume it's a scam.

So let me get this straight. The USA is behind in technology (even though companies like Apple, IBM, Google and others are American)because people like me don't trust Chinese hackers to "jailbreak" my iPhone although most of the jailbreak tweaks anyone could want are already included in iOS 8?

Got it. :rolleyes:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
So let me get this straight. The USA is behind in technology (even though companies like Apple, IBM, Google and others are American)because people like me don't trust Chinese hackers to "jailbreak" my iPhone although most of the jailbreak tweaks anyone could want are already included in iOS 8?

No, tha US is behind in technology (just because we make some technology here doesn't mean we utilize it like other countries - you should travel internationally some, you'll see what I mean).

I'm just saying your unwillingness to trust the jailbreakers from China when you trust your waitress to disappear with your credit card is, to say the least, nonsense.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
No, tha US is behind in technology (just because we make some technology here doesn't mean we utilize it like other countries - you should travel internationally some, you'll see what I mean).

I'm just saying your unwillingness to trust the jailbreakers from China when you trust your waitress to disappear with your credit card is, to say the least, nonsense.

Every new version of iOS brings more and more features that were "borrowed" from the jailbreak community. That gap has closed so much in recent years it's almost not even worth jailbreaking anymore.

Chinese hackers don't exactly have the best reputation around the world so if I WAS to jailbreak out of sheer boredom I still would be hesitant to run a Pangu jailbreak.

Let's just agree to disagree and not end up offending each other.

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
I'm just waiting for substrate and the tweaks to become compatible. I still gotta give credit to the Pangu guys... this release was quick

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

Nice response! I won't jailbreak just because.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

I'm not implying Jailbreaking is evil as I had many iphones that were jailbroken. It's just worth it these days because of all the features Apple keeps adding to iOS that were once only available on jailbroken iphones.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
I'm not implying Jailbreaking is evil as I had many iphones that were jailbroken. It's just worth it for me [Armen] these days because of all the features Apple keeps adding to iOS that were once only available on jailbroken iphones but yet there are still dozens, if not hundreds of more useful features by jailbreaking iOS.

Fixed your post for you. YOU ARE WELCOME :D

----------

He will also trust his iPhone, which states on the back verbatim; Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China.

How funny, I bet while they assembled it, they put secret chips in there to track your every move with micro-cup holders for the micro-men working hard inside your iPhone to ensure they know what you are doing and where you are at all times. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

----------

I wont jailbreak simply because I am too lazy to.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
;)
Fixed your post for you. YOU ARE WELCOME :D

----------

He will also trust his iPhone, which states on the back verbatim; Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China.

How funny, I bet while they assembled it, they put secret chips in there to track your every move with micro-cup holders for the micro-men working hard inside your iPhone to ensure they know what you are doing and where you are at all times. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

----------

I wont jailbreak simply because I am too lazy to.

So by mocking my views on the subject I'm supposed to change my mind? Do you work for Samsung's marketing team by chance also? :p

Last edited:

td1439

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Boston-ish
Every new version of iOS brings more and more features that were "borrowed" from the jailbreak community. That gap has closed so much in recent years it's almost not even worth jailbreaking anymore.

f.lux, springtomize, bytafont, iFile, activator, winterboard. To name a few.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.