Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kpigout

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
AT&T responded to my email to the Office of the President. Where I politely told of my disappointment in what happened with pre-orders, promises and lack of response. They gave me a bill credit without my having asked for it. My iPhone has shipped. How can I stay mad? After all, I'm at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Who did you email? There seem to be about 3 different ones that are getting emails from here.

Keyman22

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Randall Stephenson. Email address is farther back in this thread. That's not who replies to your email. It's one of his many gate keepers.

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson
Direct email. rs2982@att.com
randall.stephenson@att.com
210-351-5401 is direct to his secretary, pad min asst.
alt. phone # 210-821-4105 (HQ) press #3 ask for him

Jayright99

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2014
Euclid, Ohio
AT&T responded to my email to the Office of the President. Where I politely told of my disappointment in what happened with pre-orders, promises and lack of response. They gave me a bill credit without my having asked for it. My iPhone has shipped. How can I stay mad? After all, I'm at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Damn how much was the credit!

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Damn how much was the credit!

$215, which is why my complaints have disappeared. I'm not sure how she came up with the amount of credit to give, in her email she said that she had waived this month's bill. My monthly bill is much less than that. You can see the credit on the bottom of the second screenshot attached below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 6.45.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 6.45.10 AM.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 177
  • AT&T Credit.png
    AT&T Credit.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 171

Jayright99

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2014
Euclid, Ohio
$215, which is why my complaints have disappeared. I'm not sure how she came up with the amount of credit to give, in her email she said that she had waived this month's bill. My monthly bill is much less than that. You can see the credit on the bottom of the second screenshot attached below.

Lol I knew I just asked because I've never seen that big of a credit before! Whatever you said in that email scared somebody lmao!

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Lol I knew I just asked because I've never seen that big of a credit before! Whatever you said in that email scared somebody lmao!

I was very polite and straight forward. I simply said that it was a complete failure and that I was disappointed they treated long time customers this way. I also mentioned that I had hoped to have the phone before my trip and was told that wouldn't be an issue.

Thats awesome they took care of your bill but at this point I could care less about a credit, I just want my phone to ship!

The phone shipped, as well. Shipping information has it arriving tomorrow. Coincidentally, we get home tomorrow evening.

ATEspo

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I was very polite and straight forward. I simply said that it was a complete failure and that I was disappointed they treated long time customers this way. I also mentioned that I had hoped to have the phone before my trip and was told that wouldn't be an issue.

The phone shipped, as well. Shipping information has it arriving tomorrow. Coincidentally, we get home tomorrow evening.

Do you think Mr. Stephenson and/or his team had something to do with the phone being shipped?

I will continue to wait and wait while I use a flip phone from 1999 :(

audirs5

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2014
Do you think Mr. Stephenson and/or his team had something to do with the phone being shipped?

Former AT&T Account Executive here.

No, hell no. lol. Hate to be blunt. That man has an army of people answering for him. These issues rarely make it to the top unless you escalate it personally.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia

Not him but maybe one of his many gatekeepers. Or it could have just been timing.

Former AT&T Account Executive here.

No, hell no. lol. Hate to be blunt. That man has an army of people answering for him. These issues rarely make it to the top unless you escalate it personally.

I am sure you are right.

kpigout

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
Posted this in another thread, but thought I would put it in all ATT related thread:

Looks like the SG 64's are moving.

I got UPS tracking tonight on both of my SG 6+ 64's. They are in Fort Worth and will be here in San Antonio Monday.

:cool:

MrRIP

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2014
Posted this in another thread, but thought I would put it in all ATT related thread:

I got UPS tracking tonight on both of my SG 6+ 64's. They are in Fort Worth and will be here in San Antonio Monday.

When did u order?

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
This is the Point Where You Get Jealous

My iPhone 6 Plus / 128 GB / Space Gray that I ordered on the AT&T website (non-premier) at 8:05 AM EDT on 9/12 is due to be delivered today. Sadly, it is delivered after our Walt Disney World vacation, which I had hoped to try out that new camera on but it is being delivered.

I have to admit, that I've been jealous of those that have received their special box from Apple. I also have to say, next year, I'll wait in line for the iPhone 7 rather than pre-order and wait. The $100 insurance is laughable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 6.26.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 6.26.34 AM.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 154

Professor007

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
Texas
128 6+ Silver just processed -- ordered 9/20

Folks:

I've been lurking on here (and posting on occasion) for a few weeks and woke up this morning to 7 e-mails from istocknow.com informing me that there are literally 128 6+ silver iPhones at one of the Apple stores in San Antonio, TX. Yesterday, I received similar e-mails about that same information. With that intel, I decided to see if that meant that a large number of 128 Silver 6+ are going out to the Southwest region. So, then I went straight to the wireless order status on AT&T and it showed me the same "preparing to ship" status it has since 9/20. So, then I log onto my bank account and they showed an AT&T debit from AT&T K004 9966 ES BETHLEHEM PA. Then, I proceeded to call AT&T 877 number and sure enough, my order is processing.

Here is my info: Placed order on AT&T website and tried their Next plan on 9/20 with estimated shipping dates of 10/29-11/7. My contract with AT&T was actually expired for 2 years, and I still have my 4 (prehistoric, I know). I've always paid for the phone outright, and signing up with Next made me a little nervous as I feared it might put me on some sort of "low priority list" for shipment. I also live in San Antonio, TX and was convinced this was a unicorn of a phone. Anyway, I am frustrated because I am going to be in San Francisco for several days and it seems this phone might ship early or perhaps "on time" so.......

For those of you who have had processed orders, how soon was your item shipped once your status changed to processing? Again, I was pretty patient all along and still have my old 4 for Pete's sake (lol), so my advice for you is to hang on to your orders -- the 128 Silver 6+ is coming in this cycle to those who likely ordered in mid-late September.

Thought I would share! I will update you with information as it comes.

Regards,

Professor

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2007
Is it possible to cancel my AT&T order if it is still on back order? The website says no, but I'm wondering if I can call a number? The Apple Store near me has a lot of IP6+ in stock and I'd really like to get one today. Also, will my 2 year upgrade be reset automatically? Thanks!

Boombaddis

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014

I ordered a 64gb SG 6+ on 9/22 through my company's premier site. I received shipping confirmation last night and it should be here Tuesday.

I've been lurking on here since I ordered and it's BS that I'm getting my phone prior to those that ordered before me. Sorry folks.

Keyman22

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
I ordered a 64gb SG 6+ on 9/22 through my company's premier site. I received shipping confirmation last night and it should be here Tuesday.

I've been lurking on here since I ordered and it's BS that I'm getting my phone prior to those that ordered before me. Sorry folks.

No apology needed. It a carrier and Apple issue. They are pulling them out if their hats.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US

lol - congrats on getting your phone! I ordered the same phone via premier on 9/12 around 11 AM and my scheduled ship dates are between 11/9 and 11/21. Mine is a no-contract phone and a black helicopter told me that's why AT&T isn't shipping it sooner. :)

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
My mail lady delivered my iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB Space Gray a few hours ago. The package is secure in my mailbox awaiting my arrival, tonight around 10. Normally, I'm not excited to get back from the vacation. But if you're on I-75 Northbound and see a white Lincoln Navigator moving fast... You know you've just seen a guy heading to his new iPhone 6 Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.