Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Ah, I was wondering about that, thanks for the info.

I have the same model as you (Cellular 128GB Space Grey), and it just got delivered around noon. I also ordered the Air2 case for pickup, and was wondering whether it was worth going to the store to pick it up, or should I just stick with my Air1 case. Your description of the volume button holes have convinced me to go get the Air2 case. :p
Yeah, I will probably eventually get one as well. I figure it may be better to put the money toward AppleCare instead since this thing cost over $800. :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Yeah, I will probably eventually get one as well. I figure it may be better to put the money toward AppleCare instead since this thing cost over $800. :)

We never get AppleCare for our iPads. We've been through so many iPads, if we had gotten AppleCare for all of them, we probably would have spent enough money on AppleCare by now to buy an extra iPad! We figure if any of them actually fail after the original warranty expires, we'll just buy a new one or pay for out of warranty replacement. So far, none of the iPads we've had has required a replacement, in or out of warranty. *knocks wood*

ThePuff

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
Mine was delivered earlier today by some woman in a silver car.

Threw it on the porch and didn't even ring the doorbell.

Thanks, FedEx... :eek:

Tubzy48

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2014
I had the same - Just got off the phone with TNT and the shipment has just arrived - online tracking has also just been updated. The update just means, at this stage, that they are waiting for Customs clearance and the lady basically said don't expect any movement until Monday - while I hope that she was overly pessimistic I'm in Canberra so Monday at the earliest methinks.

She alse mentioned thet the 'rerouted' bit probably means that the shipment was sent on the wrong flight but who knows what the real story is.

It's a pity as there have been reports of Australians already recieving them and they apparently placed their orders only minutes before me - mine was at just after 7AM last Saturday.

I'm in exaxtly the same boat, did your status get updated online?

I'm in Central melbourne and I know they've got a depot in TNT warehouse in Tullamarine.

ttNB

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Nor' Jersey & New York (Twi-State)
I love the speed on this iPad. It's navigating through everything without hesitation.
Now, everyone here is super excited to get and receive their new iPads, but there's a guy who just bent the ***** out of a cellular version on you tube.
Why would someone just do something like that and expect apple care to cover it? He asks that at the end of the video.

http://youtu.be/SGZURc42hvQ

----------

Just got my 16GB Wifi Gold this morning. Went in store and exchanged for Space Gray. iPad Air 2 is beast!

Nice!:cool:
The gold version is really golden gold. Not like the 5S gold. That could've passed as a silver one depending on the lighting. :apple:

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Oh crap. I just noticed that using the iPad Air 1 case on the Air 2, the camera hole doesn't line up at all. I guess I will be getting the Air 2 case now.

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Mine was delivered earlier today by some woman in a silver car.

Threw it on the porch and didn't even ring the doorbell.

Thanks, FedEx... :eek:

Maybe she hijacked the FedEx truck, got your Air, tried it out, said, "No, I'm a Samsung girl" and threw it on your porch because there was some honor in that thief.

Mine was delivered on a midnight blue velvet pillow by my regular UPS guy at about 3PM today.

LarryM2600

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
I had the same - Just got off the phone with TNT and the shipment has just arrived - online tracking has also just been updated. The update just means, at this stage, that they are waiting for Customs clearance and the lady basically said don't expect any movement until Monday - while I hope that she was overly pessimistic I'm in Canberra so Monday at the earliest methinks.

She alse mentioned thet the 'rerouted' bit probably means that the shipment was sent on the wrong flight but who knows what the real story is.

It's a pity as there have been reports of Australians already recieving them and they apparently placed their orders only minutes before me - mine was at just after 7AM last Saturday.

Just realised that while I HAD been tracking both shipments, yesterday I was only doing one and THAT one is in country. The other is still in Hong Kong /Transit. Both ordered the same time, and both 'rerouted' with the same timestamp. Hopefully the other one arrives and is cleared in time for delivery Monday .... at least the one that is here is my wife's!

Allograft

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
I'm really bummed. I ordered immediately after it went live from Apple. It was originally scheduled for delivery today but it spent two days in Incheon. So now, it'll be next week. Really, really disappointed

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
We never get AppleCare for our iPads. We've been through so many iPads, if we had gotten AppleCare for all of them, we probably would have spent enough money on AppleCare by now to buy an extra iPad! We figure if any of them actually fail after the original warranty expires, we'll just buy a new one or pay for out of warranty replacement. So far, none of the iPads we've had has required a replacement, in or out of warranty. *knocks wood*

I just noticed this response now and I couldn't resist chiming in. I think this is the same exact train of thought for my girlfriend and I. Whenever we upgrade our phones or our electronics, we think: if it breaks then we'll pay to get it fixed/replaced and so far that has not happened either *knocks on wood*. Plus with great benefits from certain creditcards like Amex, it's almost as good as buying warranty

GMLP

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
Down Under
I'm in exaxtly the same boat, did your status get updated online?

I'm in Central melbourne and I know they've got a depot in TNT warehouse in Tullamarine.

Don't feel bad :)). I placed my order 20 minutes after pre-order opened and my delivery address is in Melbourne CBD, yet my shipping status is no different than yours. I'm just surprised at this debacle from TNT since my order with the iphone only 2 weeks ago came 2 days early :D

UPDATE: It's now in Sydney :D. Apparently there's no straight flight to Melbourne lol.

Last edited:

doxielover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
CA
I love the speed on this iPad. It's navigating through everything without hesitation.
Now, everyone here is super excited to get and receive their new iPads, but there's a guy who just bent the ***** out of a cellular version on you tube.
Why would someone just do something like that and expect apple care to cover it? He asks that at the end of the video.

http://youtu.be/SGZURc42hvQ

----------

Nice!:cool:

The gold version is really golden gold. Not like the 5S gold. That could've passed as a silver one depending on the lighting. :apple:

I like the lighter gold.

DoofenshmirtzEI

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Looks like my iPad is with yours! Does your tracking info still say it will be delivered today? I'm not sure why they haven't updated that yet... UPS DOES deliver on Saturday. I'm definitely going to call and yell until I get it today or tomorrow!

Yeah, the pisser is that even though they knew it was going to be delayed, they still sent me the "you have a package scheduled for delivery today" email, and it was still showing the expected delivery of Friday up until a couple of hours ago in spite of the fact that it isn't here to deliver. Now showing a delivery date of Monday. Never should have pre-ordered, I could have had it by now.

LarryM2600

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Just realised that while I HAD been tracking both shipments, yesterday I was only doing one and THAT one is in country. The other is still in Hong Kong /Transit. Both ordered the same time, and both 'rerouted' with the same timestamp. Hopefully the other one arrives and is cleared in time for delivery Monday .... at least the one that is here is my wife's!

Update - MY iPad Air 2 has now arrived in country and cleared customs. Just waiting till Monday and now have to change delivery address or pick up at depot.

Tubzy48

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2014
Glad to know I'm not alone mate :D. Looks like there's been a delay to iPad heading down under. I was supposed to receive on 27th. Whereabouts in AUS are you? I'm in Melbourne, and last time with the iPhone it reached Sydney first.

I just received an update!!! It's finally in AUSTRALIA! Sydney! Is expected to arrive Monday in melbourne!

ttNB

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Nor' Jersey & New York (Twi-State)
I like the lighter gold.

Ditto.;)

----------

I bought the 64gb ipad air because I felt $799 was a bit to much for my taste and not a huge apple fan to spend that much for memory Imo. I guess my love and android made me realize $300 for 128gb is to much money lol. At $699 the 128gb is valued correctly Imo. Honestly I think apple should get rid of the 16gb and make the base model 32gb like how some android phones are now. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3, 4 and alpha are base 32gb and so should apple with iPhone and Ipad.

Yea, 16GB starting is very limited, as apps and downloads carry bigger files, and HD content. They should've kept 32 as the starter, and the 64 would've still been In the position it's in now, and the 32 might've been really popular.

----------

Yup. It's a good investment if you're going to be using it a lot. Things happen, not that we would want anything to. It's just better to have a peace of mind when something costs as much as this does. Particularly Apple products.:cool::apple:

----------

My case was shipped somewhere in PA and I hope my iPad is there as well which means I should have it the next day after they ship it lol

----------

My Air2 came from PA on Wednesday. It was shipped overnight to Secaucus, then went out all within close times at like 5AM. Still no case yet.Although the regular 1st Gen Air case works ok for now.Did you get yours ok?:cool::apple:

LarryM2600

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
I just received an update!!! It's finally in AUSTRALIA! Sydney! Is expected to arrive Monday in melbourne!

Based on what we have seen before, albeit with Apple synchronising deliveries with store releases (which they failed miserably to do this time), the shipments will move from Sydney overnight and be on the road in other major metropolitan areas Monday morning. At least fingers crossed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.