Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Just so others know, the invites friends give you instantly work.

I love the interface and it actually works with android wear!

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Oohara and Chodelite got my invites, sorry I'm out!

Btw, all of you sent your PM's within minutes of each other:p

Much obliged mate :)

So far I quite like the app! Love the way files are displayed. I wish one could create new bundles though. Or at least that there'd be a 'Work' bundle, I really miss that.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Much obliged mate :)

So far I quite like the app! Love the way files are displayed. I wish one could create new bundles though. Or at least that there'd be a 'Work' bundle, I really miss that.

I think you can create a new bundle within the app, sorry I haven't played around with the app too much so I don't remember if you can do that.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I think you can create a new bundle within the app, sorry I haven't played around with the app too much so I don't remember if you can do that.

Ok, I figured it out. The terminology was a bit confusing.

What you do is to create a new 'Label'. Labels are the grey symbols (what I though was 'mailboxes' rather) beneath the bundles list on the left. So just just press the '+ Create new...' and create a Label. When you then choose emails from at least one sender to be moved automatically to this Label, you get the option to bundle the messages in it. Set this to On and the Label will be moved to the list of Bundles and work just like the other ones do. It's pretty straightforward once you have added that first address to the auto list.

All that's missing now is the option to add a fancy little symbol like the other bundles have :D

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
Got it.

Love it.

Just need to really organise certain things in Gmail and I think this may be a keeper!

Zenton

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
Not sure if I like it. The bundling could be nice, but I guess one has to use this app for some time for it to learn what goes where.

Example: my flight tickets were in the "updates" category instead of "travel".

So by creating categories that fit my email use and using this app + inbox.google.com it could learn exactly what goes where and actually be pretty good.

On the other hand I like the stock mail.app and one inbox for everything.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Not sure if I like it. The bundling could be nice, but I guess one has to use this app for some time for it to learn what goes where.

Example: my flight tickets were in the "updates" category instead of "travel".

So by creating categories that fit my email use and using this app + inbox.google.com it could learn exactly what goes where and actually be pretty good.

On the other hand I like the stock mail.app and one inbox for everything.

I agree stock is good. Once it gets updated with material design I am sure it will look very similar.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Shoot me a PM with your gmail address. I have at least one invite left!

*edit* ok I'm all out now.

Last edited:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I just got an invite. PM me your email, first come first serve.

Edit: given to tech21

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.