Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Originally had the Product Red leather case for my silver 6 Plus I picked up on launch day. A week later i returned the case and switched my 64GB silver 6 Plus to a 128GB Gold 6 Plus and grabbed the Midnight Blue leather case and been completely satisfied since then. As for the imperfections to come I welcome them cause all that adds character to leather products and don't bother me one bit.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Get the silicone case, believe it or not after about 2 days of use, it picks up the oils from your hand and daily usage and it loses that lint magnet factor immediately. The Apple silicone case is not like most silicone cases.

Take my word on it, when I first got the black silicone case for my 6 Plus the lint was driving me CRAZY. However after a couple days of use, it gradually went away and after 2 weeks my case still has a nice grip to it but it doesn't pick up ANY lint at all.

The leather case is very unforgiving unless you have black. It stains easily and picks up blemishes.

You just have to break it in, and the people who returned it, I don't think they got the chance to do that! :)

....my 'midnight blue' Apple leather case still looks brand new despite the fact I have used it since release day. It just depends how rough you are with your devices.

My case has NO scratches, blemishes or marks on the leather and it has also NOT darkened where I hold it - again, still looks brand new!
;)

cable0guy

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
I returned the white silicone case after 2 weeks. It looked good as new after a wash. But I hated the sticky and slippery feeling at the same time.

Apple Store let me exchange for it a leather case, and I am much happier. And it feels better after usage too.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
I bought the Red :apple: Leather case for my SG iPhone 6. Think it looks really cool on it. I was going to get the black one, but thought nope I will try something different. However I am also thinking of getting the Midnight Blue with the SG iPhone 6 leather case as a second case. What do you guys think. Does the Midnight Blue case go well with the SG or just stick to the Red one which I am happy with too.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I think the blue goes very well with the space grey. It's a dark enough blue that it doesn't clash. Has a very good look.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Black Silicone it is!

Including my black Verus iPhone Wallet Dandy Klop, and a Black Mophie battery case with it!

I'm set!

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
I think the blue goes very well with the space grey. It's a dark enough blue that it doesn't clash. Has a very good look.

Hey thanks

I might get it next after I am tired with my red one. But happy with it so far.

----

Does anyone also know if removing the leather apple case each day is a good thing for the case or a bad thing. Thing is when I get home I take it off, however before I leave the house i put the case back on.

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
Hey thanks
Does anyone also know if removing the leather apple case each day is a good thing for the case or a bad thing. Thing is when I get home I take it off, however before I leave the house i put the case back on.

I would think the fit would begin to loosen a bit taking the case off every day. Also I really hate to put any extra stress on the body of the phone and removing the case does seem to put some pressure on it though not as much as the silicone case. But I really wouldn't worry about it, enjoy your phone!

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I have a red silicone and a black leather, which I just got. Both are good and both feel nice in the hand. I'll switch from time to time, but I already know I prefer the leather. I had the leather 5S case and loved it and I probably should have just gone for the leather from the get go. It feels fantastic to me and looks very nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.