Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swenak

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2010

Attachments

• Golla_Phone_Case_DALTON_G1399_2.png
    Golla_Phone_Case_DALTON_G1399_2.png
    627.3 KB · Views: 473

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
Looks like the Kavaj dallas cases are sold out.... says november 21st now on amazon

AppleKing786

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Ordered Dock Artisan Sport leather case for iPhone 6 plus (vintage brown). Thanks for the comments everyone.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007

interesting...looks like the tokyo but with one card slot.... could not tell if the top and bottom are covered though.... apparently no 6+ version

----------

Oh wow crazy. If anyone's interested in mine pm me. I was going to return it but if I could help someone out here id rather do that.

just curious on why you decided to return and what you got instead... I am pretty happy with my dallas.... will keep it regardless but got it cheap enough to where I would still consider buying a second case.... simply hard to judge with out a phone to put in it.... looks like I have another week or so

Daniel L

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
I emailed Hex and they said the 6+ Hex Solo will be available next week and will have 3 pockets.

I like the way the Mujjo looks but I'd probably be annoyed by the single pocket. Now to decide between the Kavaj Tokyo and Hex Solo..

neile45

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2011
So the 1st case I ordered was the Sena Heritage wallet case & I have it now & I hate it. 1st of all, there is nothing to keep it closed, no magnets, nothing. 2nd if you keep cards in there they rub the phone & you can tell by looking at your screen so I took all the cards out. 3rd if trying to use the camera it is awkward ( I have the 6 plus ) - maybe because it's bigger, not sure but it really was cumbersome. I had a wallet case for a while with my 4s and none of these things were issues. Anyway - I don't recommend this case. The only good part is the phone fits in perfectly without much force & stays in.

any pics?

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
I emailed Hex and they said the 6+ Hex Solo will be available next week and will have 3 pockets.

I like the way the Mujjo looks but I'd probably be annoyed by the single pocket. Now to decide between the Kavaj Tokyo and Hex Solo..

i wish these companies would seriously inclose the buttons, i hate how open that whole side is. i realize it won't be the most rigid area but come on it looks terrible.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
i wish these companies would seriously inclose the buttons, i hate how open that whole side is. i realize it won't be the most rigid area but come on it looks terrible.

I suppose it is just a matter of taste, I did not think it looked bad and actually appreciated direct button access....I had the apple case for a little while and did not like how the button feedback was in that one.... incipio did a better job on my wifes case though. If I had to be critical of tokyo I would have covered the top and I would have made the magnets stronger.... those were the only two design considerations I could not really understand.... still a great case though

like the hex too.... would love to compare it..... btw the magnet comment above was in ref to the dallas..... the hex seems pretty good .... im not seeing a 6 plus variant for it either though

Last edited:

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
What does this case feel like? I have the Spigen CS one, and the plasticity feel is slick and not comfy to hold. But, after 3 days in a theme park... i love the ease of having my card "right there". I went back to the Apple silicone one the instant i got home.

I'm thinning the incipio stowaway will end up being my theme park case - I just don't want to pay $35 for it yet.

Whether it feels good or not, you won't be able to take pictures with clarity with his case

Altruistic

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014
Ordered the Dallas wish I had a phone to put in it...

I received my Kavaj Dallas (black) this week (a week before my 6 Plus :( is supposed to arrive) and I really like it.
I've never had a flip cover style but thought there might be nice benefits since the phone is so much bigger. The leather is really nice quality and tho I can't vouch for the fit (yet), I am kind of disappointed there isn't 360 coverage (needs more at the top and bottom IMO) which I would think could make for a sturdier case. I like the fact that the "wallet" part is not on the screen and I hope the magnet is strong enough to keep the cover from flying open.
When I finally find a case I like I usually don't go in for changing them out for different scenarios but I could see the reasoning for it. I'm just concerned about :eek: bending issues from taking these slip-in kind of cases on and off would require. That said I'm sure I will have a surplus of cases to try before I even have the one I like so that reasoning goes out the window...
A lot of interesting issues I didn't consider from this thread so really great to read up on the exchanges...

Good call I'll try that.

Considered it but it really didn't go that far positively. I already have the apple leather case so I wanted a different option for different occasions. So for this one I wanted a case that could replace my wallet when I feel like it.

Kind of off topic but I'm changing my approach to cases this time around. In the past I would just get one case and use that for as long as I've used the phone. This time around I want them for different purposes. I.e. A lifeproof when I'm outdoor and active, wallet style to replace my wallet, apple leather for day to day, maybe a spigen slim armor or the like for traveling and taking pictures when I'm not in the elements, etc.

----------

Looks like no camera washout that's good

----------

Other first impressions. Phone looks significantly bigger but that's pretty obvious. It's also noticeably heavier. It's pretty easy to take the phone in and out of it. Wish there was a stand mode.

Altruistic

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014
I thought about this case for my wife and mom ---

When the wife and I go to dressier outings she doesn't like being weighed down with a purse and usually goes with just a light pocket book and her iPhone.
On a recent occasion she decided her outfit dictated she not carry anything (I know right!) and she didn't even carry her iPhone which I was kind of concerned about...anyway I thought a version of a pocket book (not a ladies clutch) that was cross body type and could hold just her essentials would be the ticket and this was one that I found.
Seems well thought out and very straight forward without any fashion getting in the way so very applicable to many types of occassions except the really dressy ones IMO.
I don't think a guy could pull it off...strap is kind of flimsy looking so in the end I found a actual purse that she would like better.
I did like the whole verticality of the design (6 Plus would be standing instead of on its side...)

Daniel L

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009

I actually prefer direct access to buttons. Don't like the mushy feeling buttons.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
I received my Kavaj Dallas (black) this week (a week before my 6 Plus :( is supposed to arrive) and I really like it.
I've never had a flip cover style but thought there might be nice benefits since the phone is so much bigger. The leather is really nice quality and tho I can't vouch for the fit (yet), I am kind of disappointed there isn't 360 coverage (needs more at the top and bottom IMO) which I would think could make for a sturdier case. I like the fact that the "wallet" part is not on the screen and I hope the magnet is strong enough to keep the cover from flying open.
When I finally find a case I like I usually don't go in for changing them out for different scenarios but I could see the reasoning for it. I'm just concerned about :eek: bending issues from taking these slip-in kind of cases on and off would require. That said I'm sure I will have a surplus of cases to try before I even have the one I like so that reasoning goes out the window...
A lot of interesting issues I didn't consider from this thread so really great to read up on the exchanges...

Glad you like your dallas too... not an engineer but it does seem to be a pretty sturdy case... I can bend it but imagine with the phone on it should provide a few more pounds of torgue to actually bend the phone.... I guess we will see.... im personally not willing to put a big thick case on my plus....the dallas will just have to do and I think it will protact it from everyday hazards including the keys and such it will encounter in my pocket... it is possible the very top and bottom will get scratched over time but really not much exposed with the cover closed to get in there....it is recessed....as far as the flap.... thinking it will stay closed on the initial fall but that sencond bounce it will be open.... not much doubt

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I would call it luck but the other night I dropped my 6 Plus screen first from 3 ft onto marble floor. It had the Tokyo case on which doesn't have that much of a lip but my 6 Plus came away without a single scratch or scuff.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
I would call it luck but the other night I dropped my 6 Plus screen first from 3 ft onto marble floor. It had the Tokyo case on which doesn't have that much of a lip but my 6 Plus came away without a single scratch or scuff.

glad you shared that.... nothing like real world experience vs speculation

----------

glad you shared that.... nothing like real world experience vs speculation
----------
and now for something completely unrelated lol... I had some thin sheets of cork once.... the stuff tears up pretty easily and I am not sure how it could be moulded around curves but if you could make a disposable case out of that stuff imagine you could throw your phone against a wall with no ill effects....it really is pretty amazing given how thin it is... water proof and antimicrobal too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.