Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Tangled 5.0 has been released! This is a huge update to Tangled, the game has been updated with brand new graphics with a modern look and feel! 2 millions fans can't be wrong! Here's a list of the new features:

The 90 carefully designed puzzles provide a smooth learning curve. Once you've finished all 90, you can have unlimited fun with the randomly generated puzzles.

Features:

✔ Set of 90 puzzles carefully designed in increasing difficulty
✔ Online multiplayer mode. Challenge players around the world to see who can finish 3 puzzles in the least amount of moves
✔ Progress bar so you can see how close you are to solve the puzzle
✔ Unlimited randomly generated puzzles with 5 difficulty levels
✔ MultiTouch support; move multiple dots at once

I would love to hear what you guys think of the new feature!

Download from the App Store!

Last edited:

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Just wanted to give a heads up, I've submitted an update to add:

- Multitouch (you can now move up to 11 dots at once...I dare you)
- Game Center Achievements

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
3.8 is out, here's what's new:

- MultiTouch! You can now move more than one dot at a time! Try not to tangled your fingers!
- Game Center Achievements

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Yet another update! This one add a lot of puzzles too!

Here's what's new in 3.9:
- 30 new puzzles!! Brings the total to 90 puzzles. (15 puzzles per world)
- Made it easier to get 3 stars on some puzzles
- Adjusted the number of stars required to unlock worlds (to make up for the extra stages)

Last update brought you (3.8):
- MultiTouch! You can now move more than one dot at a time! Try not to tangled your fingers!
- Game Center Achivements

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
I dropped the price to free to celebrate a major update coming soon (just submitted to Apple)! The update includes a brand new multiplayer mode where you can play against players around the world!

Here's some of the new features:
- Reorganization of the puzzles based on difficulty
- Brand new more modern look and feel
- MULTIPLAYER mode!
- Finally proper support for iPhone5/5C/5S's resolution (100% flexible so it should also work with any new resolution released by Apple)

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
I edited the original post with new information from the latest update!

Huge update for Tangled has been released. Here is a quick list of the new features:

- Multiplayer: You can now play against other players online! Select a difficulty level and you'll get matched against someone automatically
- Brand new updated look. More modern and fits right in the newer iOS
- Multiple resolution support! Looks right at home on your iPhone 5/5C/5S!
- No more worlds. The puzzles have been reorganized by difficulty levels.
- Star rating were also removed from the game.
- iPad version now has more space to solve the puzzle.

In the new version you can also add friends to play against. The system uses a URL system to add people you know (or you can play against a random person). For example my URL is Tangled://YFQusEPwWR (click it on an iOS device and it will add me to your friend's list)

Share your personal URL at: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3292351#post3292351

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Version 5.0.1 was just released to fix a few bugs and a major one causing issues with multiplayer

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
8fYuTkX.gif

Here's a GIF preview of the game for anyone who wants to see it in action without downloading it (the quality is pretty low but it's better than nothing)

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
I was playing it the other day, really cool! One of my favorite puzzle games "The Curse" has a few mini games of this, really nice to have a app dedicated to it. :D

Thanks Jessica! Did you have Tangled before the last big update? If so what do you think of the new update?

Gentle-man

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2014
good game

I like this kind of games.
I have played for a while, GOOD!
Hope it will be better and better...

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Version 5.0.2 is now available. The game is now permanently free without IAPs (the iTunes store still shows 4 of them but they're not available, everything inside the game is FREE)

- Added iPhone6 and iOS8 support
- Added localization for French, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
- Bug fixes (issue with lines not being lined up properly and more)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.