Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
You can order the ring separately. I'm gonna try that once the warranty runs out. Silver on black does sound nice

Where can you buy the ring separately? I bought a couple of these and am gonna try and get the ring out separately myself lol. We'll see how it works out. For 99 cents, might as well try.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
That was one reason I didn't get the Space Grey. I like being able to see that Touch ID ring. If the ring matched the back of that model imo it would look really good.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
I think they didn't do it to keep the front facing all black, and that's what most people(I think) want, when they go with a black phone. It would stand out too much against all black. It's tonal on the white face.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
And I'm kinda glad they didn't do it. I like the very black front face of my phone. I just wish the back were as a dark grey as the iphone 5 or even black.
Same here. I like the black front and would prefer a darker chassis. I want to get mine custom painted but I just can't justify the $300 that ColorWare's charging so I put it in a black Spigen case. :p

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Update 11/2/14 - I just received the aluminum ring home button stickers and was able to get just the silver outer ring part out easily and put it on my phone around the home button. It fits perfectly! And I can still use TouchID just fine.

The stickers are on the right. You can see the one I removed the silver outer ring part from... and the other one with everything in tact. It was very easy to remove just the outer silver part... it basically came right off and still had some adhesive on it. We'll see how this holds up over the long-run with extensive use of the home button. It may lose some of the adhesiveness and fall off but for now, it seems pretty well in tact.

Best 99 cents I've ever spent (I bought a few just in case I messed it up haha)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminium-Home-Button-Sticker-Metal-For-Apple-iPhone-6-5S-5C-4S-iPod-Touch-iPad-/281425090604?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Stickers_Decals&var=&hash=item41863e182c

3uXypURl.jpg

U8Ftrqll.jpg

dbpnPa9l.jpg

Last edited:

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Agree with rantor49.

You can buy a gold one for 99 cents. This makes the phone look so much sleeker IMO. I know some like the all black but damn this is nice. It feels like actual metal too... for whatever that's worth

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Not bad, but I think it would look better if it matched the space gray more.

Perhaps.. although I like the contrast the silver gives. If it were space gray, it would be pretty dark and not as noticeable (but obviously some would prefer this)

For 99 cents, I can't complain :cool:

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
Perhaps.. although I like the contrast the silver gives. If it were space gray, it would be pretty dark and not as noticeable (but obviously some would prefer this)

For 99 cents, I can't complain :cool:

It's nice. I wish it came as a space gray color or better yet, if it had been there stock. I'd buy one or two if it was more in line with the space gray.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Oh man, this looks sweet

Any issues with touch id at all after the install?

Zero issues with the touchID

It's definitely personal preference but I like having a little silver contrast like this on the all black screen. The gold and silver have it... even though I know thats a little different given the white bezels.

I think it looks sleek :cool:

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I have the white 6plus been debating on getting a black instead. I like the clean look. The white looks chunky and ugly to me. Does the black bezel bother anyone when turning on the phone and using it? I would say the only good thing about the white phone is that it looks good with iOS 8 and when using the apps. Everything is white.

What about the black?

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I have the white 6plus been debating on getting a black instead. I like the clean look. The white looks chunky and ugly to me. Does the black bezel bother anyone when turning on the phone and using it? I would say the only good thing about the white phone is that it looks good with iOS 8 and when using the apps. Everything is white.

What about the black?

Everyone with a black phone (space gray) will tell you they love the all black bezel when the screen is off. It looks great.

I just personally wanted a little contrast with the home button so I did this silver ring thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.