Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WalterSobchak

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2012
Man, that voyager looks sweet. I looked at it briefly in ATT but just the case by itself. It looks way better with the actual phone in it.

Dizle

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
The Beach
Love my protector! Gives me piece of mind with the Plus. Wish they had more color options but the black/grey isn't bad.

funkenhoser

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Muffled Sound?

Hello all!

I am looking at buying the ProGear Voyager. For those of you who have the C02030...do you find that the sound is muffled by the port covers at the bottom?

Thanks very much for your input!

funkenhoser

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
It's a two piece case, front & back, that snaps together and comes with 2 Screen Protectors, BONUS!!! It has a very prominent lip so it has more than adequate lay flat protection.

I have to admit that I am not a fan of the VOYAGER. I prefer the simpler PROTECTOR, but if you like the extra stiffness and port covers this is a good case.

Oh... almost forgot. The VOYAGER comes with a snap in Holster. So pocket no more... you can open carry your iPhone 6+ on your hip.

Just wondering, do you find that the speaker is muffled by the port covers?

Tripzter

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
I am looking at buying the ProGear Voyager. For those of you who have the C02030...do you find that the sound is muffled by the port covers at the bottom?
No. Sound is good, as if there was no case. The angle of the cover pushes the sound towards front of iPhone.

Soop53

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
Further Update Pelican Voyager/ZAGG Glass

Okay, I would like for all to remember this is just my update and opinion...emphasis on OPINION! I am an old military geezer with, well lets just say, older hands and eyesight!

I just received my ZAGG Glass screen protector last night in the mail and wanted to give an update to my previous post.

Removing the Pelican Voyager Case:
1. I used a nickel
2. Carefully twisted the nickel in the provided slot in bottom right corner of case to separate the top from the bottom. With a little effort, it separated. It did not seem to be a big deal! Actually it was way easier to remove than my old Otterbox on my iPhone 4.
3. No scratches on the iPhone.

ZAGG protector was placed evenly on the screen without much difficulty! Case fits perfectly with the ZAGG! No issues. Reference my old geezer comment above! The look and feel of the ZAGG is awesome. As stated in previous reviews, the ZAGG did not cover the whole screen but butted up against the case very nicely!

I now feel my iPhone 6 rests snuggly in a bed of full protection...again my opinion!

I have read reviews and physically viewed most cases and screen protectors until I was wore out! This combination met my expectations...totally!

I love the look and feel of the Voyager case, and now the ZAGG! Could not be happier!

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I am still using my protector and glass screen protector for my 6plus.

However, I am really wondering if the Voyager is a big step up. Anyone who can make some comparisons?

hotdog4u

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
WARNING: it's difficult to open.../ or close....just note this...
i love it but returned it...because it's so tough to open..you a quarter to open it...

----------

Okay, I would like for all to remember this is just my update and opinion...emphasis on OPINION! I am an old military geezer with, well lets just say, older hands and eyesight!

I just received my ZAGG Glass screen protector last night in the mail and wanted to give an update to my previous post.

Removing the Pelican Voyager Case:
1. I used a nickel
2. Carefully twisted the nickel in the provided slot in bottom right corner of case to separate the top from the bottom. With a little effort, it separated. It did not seem to be a big deal! Actually it was way easier to remove than my old Otterbox on my iPhone 4.
3. No scratches on the iPhone.

ZAGG protector was placed evenly on the screen without much difficulty! Case fits perfectly with the ZAGG! No issues. Reference my old geezer comment above! The look and feel of the ZAGG is awesome. As stated in previous reviews, the ZAGG did not cover the whole screen but butted up against the case very nicely!

I now feel my iPhone 6 rests snuggly in a bed of full protection...again my opinion!

I have read reviews and physically viewed most cases and screen protectors until I was wore out! This combination met my expectations...totally!

I love the look and feel of the Voyager case, and now the ZAGG! Could not be happier!

could you post a picture for me as a special request? i need to see how you open it with little effort....so that way i go get (again)...

RollTideFanGrl

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2013
My husband purchased this case for his 6+ and must agree it looks great on his phone.. He loves it as well along with the holster. Best investment IMO on a case.

hotdog4u

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
My husband purchased this case for his 6+ and must agree it looks great on his phone.. He loves it as well along with the holster. Best investment IMO on a case.

yeah..i got it today....again....it's seems otter box is losing customers due to delays..or whatever...this case is great...shock proof.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Have the voyager on right now. It's not bad but I think I like the protector more. Not trilled with the mute switch cover

hotdog4u

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Have the voyager on right now. It's not bad but I think I like the protector more. Not trilled with the mute switch cover

i'm sure you would agree that this case is LOT better compared to what is out right now...once otter box is out ..you know that's the one...(hopefully)

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I actually think the voyager will be better than the Otterbox. For its durability it is very thin and very light.

I am just partial to the protector.

ajumbaje

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2005
VA
Do you own the lightning to 30 pin cable adapter(0.2m) or any lightning cables larger than the one that came with the phone? Just trying to see if I can get the protector

Last edited:

hotdog4u

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
I actually think the voyager will be better than the Otterbox. For its durability it is very thin and very light.

I am just partial to the protector.

well..i guess both are good...but it comes down to preference...at the end of the day.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I am already returning the Voyager today. The front plastic snap on piece is a bit flimsy and I like the Protectors 1 piece construction. For $20 less, the protector is the better option IMO.

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
Protector>Voyager

Very high quality materials. Lifetime guarantee.

pelican-front.jpg

pelican-bottom.jpg

d4nny

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2008
removing the protector

How easy/difficult is it to remove the protector case? It seems like the 6+ is in there pretty good and would take some elbow grease to get out. Is there a certain way to take it out?

ajumbaje

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2005
VA
Protector>Voyager

Very high quality materials. Lifetime guarantee.

do you have a lightning cable with a larger connector than the one that comes with the phone? I would like to get this, but the lightning to 30pin cable prevents me from getting cases like otterbox or pelican
10.jpg

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
How easy/difficult is it to remove the protector case? It seems like the 6+ is in there pretty good and would take some elbow grease to get out. Is there a certain way to take it out?

I work each corner starting at the bottom without issue.

hotdog4u

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014

it's not easy...but there few could easily open it...however it's a great protecting case...alternative to otter box..since they f'd up a lot..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.