Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Scarface (1932)
An ambitious and near insanely violent gangster climbs the ladder of success in the mob, but his weaknesses prove to be his downfall.
Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 11.18.51 AM.png

albertfallickwa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2014
Saw David Fincher's Gone Girl in the theater last night with my wife. Very awesome and nearly flawless in its execution. Made me on edge all night long.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Love Collateral. Incredible performances, and some brilliant Michael Mann direction (nobody does “City at Night” better than Mann).

:cool:

Really held my attention. Felt so bad for Jamie's character. X-x

And tonight:

Tenebrae. It's been awhile, but this Argento still packs a serious punch. I hope the eventual blu ray will have interesting extras and the Italian dub with English subs.

Zendokan

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2011
Belgium
The Drop

James Gandolfini's last movie appereance with an excellent Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace.
Also fellow Belgian Matthias Schoenaerts has a nice roll in it.

I would suggest "Bullhead" (dutch/flemish: Rundskop) if you at least like subtitled foreign movies. Great leading roll by Matthias.

Just found out that Michaël R. Roskam directed both movies and that he's also a Belgian. :)

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Finally watched Edge of Tomorrow last night. It was good. My wife said, this is totally "the Matrix meets Groundhog Day". :D

For sure it's the best Tom Cruise movie I've seen in a while. And it could be some of the coolest looking aliens I've ever seen in a sci-fi movie.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Drop

James Gandolfini's last movie appereance with an excellent Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace.
Also fellow Belgian Matthias Schoenaerts has a nice roll in it.

I would suggest "Bullhead" (dutch/flemish: Rundskop) if you at least like subtitled foreign movies. Great leading roll by Matthias.

Just found out that Michaël R. Roskam directed both movies and that he's also a Belgian. :)

Finally watched Edge of Tomorrow last night. It was good. My wife said, this is totally "the Matrix meets Groundhog Day". :D

For sure it's the best Tom Cruise movie I've seen in a while. And it could be some of the coolest looking aliens I've ever seen in a sci-fi movie.

Both of these movies are on my list to watch. :)

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
In my efforts to watch movies that I bought but have never actually watched, I watched The 40 year old virgin. Steve's performance was very good, and I'm glad that it encouraged waiting until marriage is a good thing, but overall, i was kinda disappointed.

This is now in my pile of stuff to sell.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

I loved that movie! My initial thought when I came out of the theater was Groundhogs Day meets HALO. I loved how Emily kept pulling out her pistol to kill Tom.:D

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN

loved it. bought the dvd too!

6b1413bf2c02d293b227287777e91216.jpg

and this is next...

3dc82c198331a19f9ed3572e1b3c84d5.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just watched inglorious bastards. Not really what I was expecting from QT. A bit too much subtitles for me. Also didn't understand why the SS guy changed sides. Also factually pretty sure Hitler didn't die in a cinema in Paris (unfortunately) in 1944.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Just watched inglorious bastards. Not really what I was expecting from QT. A bit too much subtitles for me. Also didn't understand why the SS guy changed sides. Also factually pretty sure Hitler didn't die in a cinema in Paris (unfortunately) in 1944.

Its been quite a while since I seen it. Its one of those movies that is based on 'some' truth, but is more for entertainment, than re-telling an old story.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Its been quite a while since I seen it. Its one of those movies that is based on 'some' truth, but is more for entertainment, than re-telling an old story.

yeah, just an alternate history rompfor the hell of it...

i do like that film though.

I wanna see Fury ...

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

yeah, just an alternate history rompfor the hell of it...

i do like that film though.

I wanna see Fury ...

Inglorious Bastards was not one of my favorites. I was more entertained by Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Vols 1&2. :)

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Based on recommendations, I just finished Kiss Kiss Bang Bang with Robert Downey, Jr. and Val Kilmer. Definitely a movie for adults only. Overall, I agree with reviews pointing out that it is a clever blending of genres, well worth the time to watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.