Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grrr223

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2002
Philadelphia
Hotline client 1.8.5 is a carbonized app that should be able to run natively under OS X. I had it running that way before x-mas break, but when I came back, I decided to reinstall OS X for the hell of it, and now it only opens under classic. And this pisses me off because it is the ONLY app I use regularly that doesn't run natively. I know that Hotline is going through some legal troubles, and downloading it isn't the simplest thing to do, but does anyone have a link to a copy of it that they know runs natively, or is there something I need to do to keep it from opening up in classic mode? Thank you.

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC
:-(

I wish I could help you but I can I don't use HL :rolleyes: You might want to check out http//www.carracho.com It's a lot better and it's mac only ;)

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Hotline X installer launches Classic...

not sure....u will probably just have to suffer through downloading it again...

funny though....when I downloaded Hotline for X, when I went to install it, Classic launched so I could install it for X....weird :eek:

grrr223

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2002
Philadelphia
The installer is written in classic, it is a classic application, but it is carbonized, so it should run natively in OS X, correct? I'd use carracho except that there are a few servers that I rely on that are on hotline. I never had as good a success with carracho as with hotline for some reason.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
permissions

When you reinstalled OS X the permissions may have been reset for Hotline X. Or the user or group that owns it may not exist anymore.

grrr223 is right... the installer it classic but the app is carbon. You will proabably need to reinstall it if you dont know how to fix the permissions (if thats the problem) I like Carracho better my self. Better app and better community.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.