Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
One of the little changes that I don't like about iOS 8 was that when you're calling someone it doesn't show the time duration anymore.

This is kind of useful to me because when I call people who are on Verizon. If it rings the full 30 seconds, then I know they missed the call and I can leave them alone.

BUT! If it only rings 20 seconds and goes to voicemail, then their phone doesn't actually show that they received a call. I know I could leave a voicemail, but I'm a little shy in regards to that. I can also leave a text message, etc.

Basically, it was actually a feature for me, and it was removed!

I looked in Settings -> Phone, but that didn't seem to do anything. Anyone know if it's possible to bring it back?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
One of the little changes that I don't like about iOS 8 was that when you're calling someone it doesn't show the time duration anymore.

This is kind of useful to me because when I call people who are on Verizon. If it rings the full 30 seconds, then I know they missed the call and I can leave them alone.

BUT! If it only rings 20 seconds and goes to voicemail, then their phone doesn't actually show that they received a call. I know I could leave a voicemail, but I'm a little shy in regards to that. I can also leave a text message, etc.

Basically, it was actually a feature for me, and it was removed!

I looked in Settings -> Phone, but that didn't seem to do anything. Anyone know if it's possible to bring it back?

Huh? The timer is still there.

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
When it's ringing, it doesn't show me duration anymore

It just says "Calling"

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
When it's ringing, it doesn't show me duration anymore

It just says "Calling"

This was the case for as long as I can remember, even in iOS 7 for sure.

I have an iPhone 3G with 4.x on it too which I'll put on charge and use to prove a point if required.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.