Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshmac3

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
Boston, MA
UN FN BELIEVEABLE !

I ordered on 9/16

First time the tool told me 10/28, then I got an email saying 10/18, then 10/22, back to 10/28 and now Dec 4th.

I hope this an error on their part otherwise I better be getting a free upgrade to the 128 GB since those seem plentiful.

It's estimated and automatic, so it can't be right. The system is automatically guesstimating.

carabobo

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
My status finally caught up to 10/25/14 but my date is still 10/31/14 and hasnt changed for the past month.

I also received the tmobile bs email. If my phone isnt shipped by the 31st Im just going to cancel the order and get one on ebay.

Last edited:

707Dee

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
I would like to order a iphone 6+ 64gig or 128gig. I'm a little nurves about my wait time though should I just go head and order it or is it just better to wait for a while?

daweathaman

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
Waiting game.

I ordered the iPhone 6 64GB through T-Mobile on Oct. 7 after checking with my local stores for about a couple of weeks. First, the "ship on or before" date was Oct. 17, then Oct. 27. I was notified about an hour or so ago that it was changed to Nov. 18! Is there any new news about supply issues? This wait is getting annoying.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
My status changed again. I was told 7-10 days when I ordered in store on 9/30. Then I got an email that weekend that said on or before 11/11. Then last Saturday it changed to on or before 10/27. Then today it changed to on or before 11/11 again. I'm pretty livid. I know they're at the mercy of Apple's shipments but I can help but feel lied to and strung along. This is for a Silver 6, 64GB. I email John Legere again and asked for an upgrade to a 128GB. We'll see if anyone gets back to me.

curtisjacob

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2014
LA, CA
Delays

Just a guess, but, I would have to assume that Apple is having a problem with the supplier of their 64 GB flash memory chip??? resulting in the delay of shipments on the 64 GB devices....

That's an interesting hypothesis - anyone aware of chip delays?:eek:

Also, I've noticed on the T-Mobile User Generated Shipping Spreadsheet that a lot of the 6+ phones in Silver 64GB have no status update (mine included) a lot of Space Grey is moving but silver looks like it's at a standstill.

(If you have not already, add your shipment here)

ka2449

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
My T-Mobile order as well changed from on or before 10-27, to now being on or before 11-1. This is rediculous, I ordered an iPhone 6 plus 128 gb silver. I don't think they know what the heck is going on. Fed up with all this bs. How can apple ship phones to other countries but can't fill the orders for people that oordered the phones first!!!!!! WTH

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
I would like to order a iphone 6+ 64gig or 128gig. I'm a little nurves about my wait time though should I just go head and order it or is it just better to wait for a while?

if I were to be ordering today I think I would order straight from apple..... my guess is they will stick to the 3 to 4 weeks.... the carriers are at their mercy apparently

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
so i got t mobile update email it still says 11/10 for one week it never changed either it really is 6 weeks or they are just full of crap i tired of of calling CSR cause they don't know anything and on top of that ERT will not email or call me back so idk what to do?

Jim1322

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Something's Up With T-Mobile Anticipated Shipping Notices

Earlier I posted the following:

On Monday evening (Oct 20th) I ordered an iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) 128 GB Space Gray.

On Friday evening (Oct 24th) my card was charged. I paid for overnight delivery.

By Saturday morning (Oct 25th) I had shipping notifications in text and email. When I tracked the delivery, the package has already left Louisville and will be here (Orlando) on Monday.

Here's the clincher:

One hour ago I got this email:

Thank you for your iPhone order. We are awaiting more iPhone shipments from Apple and anticipate shipping your order number 215****** on or before 10/28/2014.

These phones have been incredibly popular around the world, and the entire industry is in a backorder situation. If our shipments from Apple change, then the timing of your expected ship date may also change. We'll let you know as soon as we have any new information. We'll also send weekly updates as we continue to process your order, including an exact shipping date and tracking number. Our goal is to keep you as up-to-date as we can as we continue to work toward getting your order shipped.

Please visit http://explore.t-mobile.com/order-status for order status and estimated delivery timelines.
Sincerely,
The T-Mobile Team

The UPS site notes that my package left Louisville at 4:24 am THIS MORNING. T-Mobile sent me a text four hours later with the tracking number!

SO. . .these automated shipping notifications may not, to say the least, be accurate.

Jim

ArmiG

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2014
"Estimated" date still at 10/31 for me. No charge yet. I have a feeling this won't be my last week waiting for the 6plus to deliver. Backordered Hell continues.

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
If anyone speaks to ERT tomorrow, can you ask if this huge shipment of 6+ are being delivered by Unicorns?

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
you are just wasting your time calling ERT or whatever. they are sticking with the dates you are seeing on order status page.

i sent an email to john legere and the following day someone from executive team called. unfortunately they are sticking with my order status 11/4 nothing special...

HarvestJD

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
Adding My Status

Ordered a 6 Plus Silver 64GB in the T mobile Store on 9/19. Status email today still showing on or before 10/31.. How do you add to the google spreadsheet?

jessica24

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
If anyone speaks to ERT tomorrow, can you ask if this huge shipment of 6+ are being delivered by Unicorns?

This could help explain the lack of shipments?? (note it was written on Sept 17, so things have probably changed) http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/09/17/foxconn-struggles-to-meet-new-iphone-demand/

...but to think about 140,000 6+made daily, with 50% output= 70,000 successful plusses, divided amongst the 10million first weekend ordered= a lot of iPhone plusses! (granted, the 10 million is both regular and plus- but still...) and I think China doubled our pre-sales?

ryankidd17

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
This could help explain the lack of shipments?? (note it was written on Sept 17, so things have probably changed) http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/09/17/foxconn-struggles-to-meet-new-iphone-demand/

...but to think about 140,000 6+made daily, with 50% output= 70,000 successful plusses, divided amongst the 10million first weekend ordered= a lot of iPhone plusses! (granted, the 10 million is both regular and plus- but still...) and I think China doubled our pre-sales?

I do not see Apple meeting their demands until the end of the year...

karlmarx

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2014
Well the timer is now started for me. As somebody who ordered on 10/5 and seeing people in mid September who still haven't received their phones, I'm going to switch to a Nexus 6 if it is available before they get my shipment. This seems increasingly likely, we shall see!

coachman30555

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2014
Moment of Truth

Well here we are, starting week six. The time has come to see if
this six week thing is real. It's weird how all the 9/12 people are
missing. Either they can't log in or they got their phones. Well
I'm in that next group the 9/19 group, either we will be banned
from logging in or we will have the truth about no one waiting
past six weeks. Can't wait til friday 10/31 dooms day.

Willcoop5454

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
Whatever happened to brutal honesty? Give me a number in line. Simple, affective. Not a flexible inaccurate date that is a shot in the dark. Let me know where I stand in line. I bet people would be more understanding. These sporadic deliveries out of order just aren't cutting it. I'm almost to the breaking point. Give me answers, not vague guesses!

----------

Well here we are, starting week six. The time has come to see if
this six week thing is real. It's weird how all the 9/12 people are
missing. Either they can't log in or they got their phones. Well
I'm in that next group the 9/19 group, either we will be banned
from logging in or we will have the truth about no one waiting
past six weeks. Can't wait til friday 10/31 dooms day.

It's funny I have a hard time finding the "Track your iPhone 6" tracker on T-Mobiles website now.

gsmumbo

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Dallas, Tx
Whatever happened to brutal honesty? Give me a number in line. Simple, affective. Not a flexible inaccurate date that is a shot in the dark. Let me know where I stand in line. I bet people would be more understanding. These sporadic deliveries out of order just aren't cutting it. I'm almost to the breaking point. Give me answers, not vague guesses!

----------

It's funny I have a hard time finding the "Track your iPhone 6" tracker on T-Mobiles website now.

Because "line" itself here is a very flexible word. You have lines for each color + storage. Then you have jump/non jump lines. Then when shipments come in the phones need to be split up between the lines. If they were to do something like that chances are more people would end up outraged("I'm still #5939 in line, wtf t-mobile/apple!", "why is so in so ahead of me in line!?!?", etc). At least this way it's all done in estimates and we know not to expect anything firm. Sucks but I think this was the best way to go about it.

That being said, first thing Monday I'm switching my order to a 128 GB Gold +. lol

Willcoop5454

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
Because "line" itself here is a very flexible word. You have lines for each color + storage. Then you have jump/non jump lines. Then when shipments come in the phones need to be split up between the lines. If they were to do something like that chances are more people would end up outraged("I'm still #5939 in line, wtf t-mobile/apple!", "why is so in so ahead of me in line!?!?", etc). At least this way it's all done in estimates and we know not to expect anything firm. Sucks but I think this was the best way to go about it.

That being said, first thing Monday I'm switching my order to a 128 GB Gold +. lol

I would be ok with knowing I'm 53,030 in line for the 64 gb silver plus. At least I would know something rather than the crap they have been doing. I would be able to track how many are still ahead of me. I like definite answers, not ever moving generalized dates that may or may not be accurate.

Jump and non Jump orders aren't getting different priorities now.

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
any new info friends? what ever happened to this big shipment of 10/25?

also i was on the t-mobile website and it seems both the 6+ in 64 and 128gb are in stock!?

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
Well my ship date was set for on or before 10/27. I got this today: We are awaiting more iPhone shipments from Apple, and anticipate shipping your order on or before 11/27/2014. If our shipments from Apple change, then the timing of your expected ship date may also change. This is rediiiiiiiiiiculous!!!

dominiongamma

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2014
Phoenix. AZ
any new info friends? what ever happened to this big shipment of 10/25?

also i was on the t-mobile website and it seems both the 6+ in 64 and 128gb are in stock!?

I trust nothing on tmobile site or people saying they have "credible" information. The shipment date is jumping from oct to dec on my end so I don't trust the site.

----------

Well my ship date was set for on or before 10/27. I got this today: We are awaiting more iPhone shipments from Apple, and anticipate shipping your order on or before 11/27/2014. If our shipments from Apple change, then the timing of your expected ship date may also change. This is rediiiiiiiiiiculous!!!

Mine went from October 28 to December and I ordered on sept 16 :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.