Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yum114

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Every time I'm watching a video(firefox, youtube, safari, VLC media player) the audio and video are not synced properly.
What do I need to do to get these working correctly?

Every now and then I get a pop up about cuda.kext, could this file be my issue?
I have smccontrol fan installed.
I also have a program called "boom", it's a volume booster installed.
I've had these installed for a while and don't ever recall audio/video out of sync until a few days ago though.

Lachhh

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2014
Mainland Europe

nariza7

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2013
I think I go through a very similar case. For me, every once in awhile when I watch a movie (MplayerX, VLC player, youtube, etc.), I get a hiccup which puts the audio and video out of sync. My situation is that the audio does some weird sound repeat so you might hear like "hello there, my-my name is Billy", and then the audio is off-sync because of the extra "my". I would have to pause whatever video im watching whether its on youtube or MplayerX for a few seconds to a minute, and itll resync after I unpause. I think it's a hardware issue on my part since this happened on Mavericks, and then still occurs on Yosemite after a clean install. Sometimes, the video would have some weird electrical sound or be muted for a second and then be off-sync instead of repeating words like "my". I've come to accept it for now since for me, it might be hardware or drivers issue...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.