Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I need BB to get LTE versions in so I can use my gift cards. So far their website just says "coming soon"

I'm in the same predicament here. I have hundreds of dollars worth of Best Buy gift cards I'd like to use toward the purchase of the Air 2, but I want the cellular version.

I don't understand why their stock is limited to Wi-Fi only.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I'm in the same predicament here. I have hundreds of dollars worth of Best Buy gift cards I'd like to use toward the purchase of the Air 2, but I want the cellular version.

I don't understand why their stock is limited to Wi-Fi only.

Their website says backordered, and when I click on in store pick up, it says 3-5 days. Maybe they'll start getting them in early next week...

BigMacAttack1

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Just got back from my local Best Buy looking for an Air 2 64GB gold wifi. None in stock so I ordered and it should be available for pick up Thursday - can't wait! They did match Apple's educator's discount ($580) for me, a teacher, and did the 10% mover's coupon as well so my total cost pre-tax was about $520 - not bad!

Pjrufus

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Was just at my local Best Buy. Only wifi's in stock. There was an Apple rep there, and he had no idea when the store would have cellular. I don't want to trade mine in until I have the new one. The BB person spent a good 15 minutes online before telling me they weren't available to order in store because they were back ordered. I told her that didn't make sense to me, because if I order online from the website for store pick up it would be here in 4 days. She spent another 10 minutes before saying "oh yeah I see."

I just want it in before 11/8, so I don't lose out on the $150 + $50 promo. She said I could order online at full price, pick up in store, trade in my iPad2, and they would just do a return and repurchase with the trade applied.

We'll see how that goes. I came home and ordered. It said pick up in 4 days, Fri., 10/30. I guess they count from Mon., not Sat.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Was just at my local Best Buy. Only wifi's in stock. There was an Apple rep there, and he had no idea when the store would have cellular. I don't want to trade mine in until I have the new one. The BB person spent a good 15 minutes online before telling me they weren't available to order in store because they were back ordered. I told her that didn't make sense to me, because if I order online from the website for store pick up it would be here in 4 days. She spent another 10 minutes before saying "oh yeah I see."

I just want it in before 11/8, so I don't lose out on the $150 + $50 promo. She said I could order online at full price, pick up in store, trade in my iPad2, and they would just do a return and repurchase with the trade applied.

We'll see how that goes. I came home and ordered. It said pick up in 4 days, Fri., 10/30. I guess they count from Mon., not Sat.

Online says 3-5 days so I hope its accurate. I want to be able to get mine early next week if I can.

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I purchased my Air 2 64GB Space Gray at my local Best Buy last night. It took the sales associates and managers about 30 minutes to finally decide to allow me to use the mover's coupon in addition to the $50 trade-in coupon. It then took them another 30 minutes to figure out how to process the trade-in and apply both coupons to the transaction. I also used a $15 RewardZone certificate. In the end, they figured it out and I walked away with a great deal.

They had to manually apply the mover's coupon, and I'm pretty sure they applied a larger discount than the register would have automatically applied. Isn't the 10% discount from the mover's coupon supposed to be calculated after all other discounts/coupons are applied? They simply gave me a $60 discount, which is 10% off the initial price of the iPad. I'm pretty sure it should have been $54.99 (10% after trade-in coupon) or $53.49 (10% after trade-in coupon + RZ certificate). Either way, I'm not complaining.

$599.99 iPad Air 2
- $250 gift card from trade-in
- $50 trade-in coupon
- $15 RewardZone certificate
- $60 Mover's Coupon
+ $40.25 tax
$265.24 total out-of-pocket

It's always a great feeling when you get an amazing deal like this. :cool:

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I wonder why BB is taking so long to get LTE iPads? According to the stock checkers, no stores have any yet nationwide. Maybe Apple just wants to encourage people to buy them in apple stores.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
I wonder why BB is taking so long to get LTE iPads? According to the stock checkers, no stores have any yet nationwide. Maybe Apple just wants to encourage people to buy them in apple stores.

Apple has yet to actually deliver any lte model to anybody yet in the states ?

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
I purchased my Air 2 64GB Space Gray at my local Best Buy last night. It took the sales associates and managers about 30 minutes to finally decide to allow me to use the mover's coupon in addition to the $50 trade-in coupon. It then took them another 30 minutes to figure out how to process the trade-in and apply both coupons to the transaction. I also used a $15 RewardZone certificate. In the end, they figured it out and I walked away with a great deal.

They had to manually apply the mover's coupon, and I'm pretty sure they applied a larger discount than the register would have automatically applied. Isn't the 10% discount from the mover's coupon supposed to be calculated after all other discounts/coupons are applied? They simply gave me a $60 discount, which is 10% off the initial price of the iPad. I'm pretty sure it should have been $54.99 (10% after trade-in coupon) or $53.49 (10% after trade-in coupon + RZ certificate). Either way, I'm not complaining.

$599.99 iPad Air 2
- $250 gift card from trade-in
- $50 trade-in coupon
- $15 RewardZone certificate
- $60 Mover's Coupon
+ $40.25 tax
$265.24 total out-of-pocket

It's always a great feeling when you get an amazing deal like this. :cool:

It may be too late, but did you receive a 3x coupon for RZ points that expires on the 31st? Don't know if it was sent to everyone, but if you don't plan on making a big purchase any time before the 31st, you can see if you can apply that coupon so you get 3x the points for your transaction.

I went with the 16GB iPad Air 2, used the movers coupon and got $50, came out coming to $484 all together. This is my first iPad so hopefully 16GB will be enough.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Apple has yet to actually deliver any lte model to anybody yet in the states ?

They have, and all the Apple Stores now have the models and have had since Friday. Best Buy seems to have no idea when they'll offer them, and when you try to order them online through BB, the earliest date is November 6th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.