Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePoland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
Hello Retina iMac users. Currently i'm waiting for my machine and have a question regarding Windows 8.1 on Parallels. Do You have any problems with scaling and resolution? Everything looks and works OK? Let me know please.

tillsbury

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2007
It appeared to be working find in Parallels at the local store. I played with it a little, able to make a sensible sized Windows window appear in a tiny box on the desktop. Scaling in 8.1 was working as expected.

I understand that the drivers don't yet understand 5k, so you're limited to about 4k in Bootcamp. No doubt that will be fixed imminently...

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
It worked fine for me in Parallels, although to get it to work in full screen mode I had to bump up the VM's VRAM a bit from the default. Same as it would look on a rMBP, just bigger.

shokunin

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2005
I've had no issues with scaling on Fusion 6.0.5 and Yosemite. Running Win 7, windows server 2008r2 and Windows 10 technical preview. All seem to run fine, just as they do on my rMBP. You can select in the video settings to "use full resolution for retina display" if you want all the pixels. Otherwise leave it unchecked and it will run just like a retina display.

Haven't tried 8.1 lately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.