Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Wow....now I get when my husband says some of his employees have controlling wives/gfs...the previous post just shed the light for me...
Are you drunk again, for christ's sake, join AA would you?!?!!?!?!!?

Last edited:

bytheriver

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2014
No.. Quite sober.. Just haven't been back on for a few days... BUT it's entertaining that you knew what I meant AND that you are still constantly posting

bytheriver

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2014
Gosh I have to go through so many pages to read all the posts I missed... Nah, don't have the time to waste.. It was just fate that I caught that post.. Hahahahaha

bytheriver

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2014
Sorry to disappoint you, but as I stated I haven't been out. As a side note though.. Even in my somewhat buzzed state.. I was obviously more coherent than you..

hommer1979

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
Here is the math - as long as you can sell a 16GB iPhone 6 for full retail, you should be only out the activation fee if you have to cancel the line at least at my sales tax rate.

Sale Price = $650

Subsidized 16GB iP6 = $210
Activation fee = $35
Swappa fee = $10
Paypal fee = $20
S/H + Insurance = $25
Total Costs = $300

Profit = $350

So you would lose the $35 activation fee if you sold a 16GB iP6 at full retail at my tax rate if you had to pay the $350 etf.

Your selling it at retail ? People give me looks when tell em 100 off retail, I've went as low as 150 retail.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Your selling it at retail ? People give me looks when tell em 100 off retail, I've went as low as 150 retail.
They are still pretty hard to come by where I live. People are still waiting outside the stores in lines b/f they open to get the measly few that ship to the stores closest to me. iP6+ has rarely been seen in our stores.

They still save the tax when they pay full retail.

hommer1979

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
After you AOL is done is there a grace period that the new owner can change there mind and give it back to you? Just want to make sure I'm in the clear

Thanks

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
They are still pretty hard to come by where I live. People are still waiting outside the stores in lines b/f they open to get the measly few that ship to the stores closest to me. iP6+ has rarely been seen in our stores.

They still save the tax when they pay full retail.

i was in the store pretty early. a line of asians were there already. i was told by apple employee, they do this every morning everyday. i wanted to ask them how much they get on their market, just as a comparison. also if it was good price, i'd just sell to them on the spot. the employee told me, do it outside of the store, else a fight breaks out inside, apple will not want any part of it.

so there is a grey market somewhere, just dont know how to break into it. i cannot imaging that market will pay full retail for it. but who knows, i want to know how these people get rid of their unwanted lines, or they do indeed pay full retail in the store.

----------

After you AOL is done is there a grace period that the new owner can change there mind and give it back to you? Just want to make sure I'm in the clear

Thanks

i think you're okay. since the receiver should have ample time to think it over, between calling verizon, and receiving t&c from verzion, clicking accept. i think after they agree to take over the line, from that point is between them and verizon. however if they really fight/bitch/moan with verizon and say that you may have "sold" the line, that maybe a little different. verizon may put some kind of marks on your account; however, no one took a gun in their head to buy nor force them to accept the contract and t&c.

hommer1979

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
i was in the store pretty early. a line of asians were there already. i was told by apple employee, they do this every morning everyday. i wanted to ask them how much they get on their market, just as a comparison. also if it was good price, i'd just sell to them on the spot. the employee told me, do it outside of the store, else a fight breaks out inside, apple will not want any part of it.

so there is a grey market somewhere, just dont know how to break into it. i cannot imaging that market will pay full retail for it. but who knows, i want to know how these people get rid of their unwanted lines, or they do indeed pay full retail in the store.

----------

i think you're okay. since the receiver should have ample time to think it over, between calling verizon, and receiving t&c from verzion, clicking accept. i think after they agree to take over the line, from that point is between them and verizon. however if they really fight/bitch/moan with verizon and say that you may have "sold" the line, that maybe a little different. verizon may put some kind of marks on your account; however, no one took a gun in their head to buy nor force them to accept the contract and t&c.

Haaaa, selling? That's a laugh, I'm getting to the point thinking of paying people to take the lines. I'm contacting people that I haven't talked to or seen in over 15 years just to move these udp.

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
Haaaa, selling? That's a laugh, I'm getting to the point thinking of paying people to take the lines. I'm contacting people that I haven't talked to or seen in over 15 years just to move these udp.

i cannot imagining that if you post lines at SD for free, no one will take it.... but i maybe wrong. i am going to keep these for a while if these cannot easily to get rid of. suspend the line, wait for a month or two.

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
Ported to T-Mobile Can't Port back To VZW

hey guys, hoping some of the experts here can assist. I AOL'ed a UDP 5 days ago, ported my number to a T-Mobile pre-paid account out of VZW.

I have been trying for the last few days to port my number back to VZW to the UDP line but the porting department cant seem to get it accomplished. It seems like the VZW system is still recognizing the line I ported out.

I have escalated at VZW and still no movement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hommer1979

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
i cannot imagining that if you post lines at SD for free, no one will take it.... but i maybe wrong. i am going to keep these for a while if these cannot easily to get rid of. suspend the line, wait for a month or two.

Craigslist - done
SD - done
ebay - done
friends, family, coworkers - done
thinking about getting a t-shirt with it saying " Fxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx" (leaving it blank so as to stay within forums rule) wearing that everywhere I go

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
hey guys, hoping some of the experts here can assist. I AOL'ed a UDP 5 days ago, ported my number to a T-Mobile pre-paid account out of VZW.

I have been trying for the last few days to port my number back to VZW to the UDP line but the porting department cant seem to get it accomplished. It seems like the VZW system is still recognizing the line I ported out.

I have escalated at VZW and still no movement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ive only heard of people using virgin mobile and pageplus. have not heard tmo prepaid. the other two seem to gone pretty smoothly. did you call verizon when you port it back? did you have to call t-mo? for what it's worth, it took me 36 hrs to port back from gv, it took 7 to 10 days for some other poster to get the phone number back to the right line.

----------

Craigslist - done
SD - done
ebay - done
friends, family, coworkers - done
thinking about getting a t-shirt with it saying " Fxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx" (leaving it blank so as to stay within forums rule) wearing that everywhere I go

too many X's, and i cannot figure out which x goes where...

but after this I can see how people get very tired of this.... also if you want, you can probably contact some people from here as well... see if they want more stocking gifts.... :):apple::):apple::):apple::):apple::):apple::):apple:

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
I have contacted T-Mobile and their customer service people hardly speak english, but seems the port issue is on VZW end. Hoping I just need to give it a few more days to let the VZW system "right itself".

Worst case I guess my wife gets stuck with T-Mobile.

ive only heard of people using virgin mobile and pageplus. have not heard tmo prepaid. the other two seem to gone pretty smoothly. did you call verizon when you port it back? did you have to call t-mo? for what it's worth, it took me 36 hrs to port back from gv, it took 7 to 10 days for some other poster to get the phone number back to the right line.

----------

too many X's, and i cannot figure out which x goes where...

but after this I can see how people get very tired of this.... also if you want, you can probably contact some people from here as well... see if they want more stocking gifts.... :):apple::):apple::):apple::):apple::):apple::):apple:

jdougal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011

I have the same thing at the two stores I visit. They make them lineup outside the store, and according to reps it takes a few hours a day to get through the line. There has to be a market somewhere that we don't know about. It was confirmed by several employees that the line is for off contract full price phones.

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
I have contacted T-Mobile and their customer service people hardly speak english, but seems the port issue is on VZW end. Hoping I just need to give it a few more days to let the VZW system "right itself".

Worst case I guess my wife gets stuck with T-Mobile.

dude, then you're definitely going to the dog house...
i am not sure which one is worse, t-mo or sprint. both have very competitive pricing for data, coverage... not so much (at least where i am)

----------

I have the same thing at the two stores I visit. They make them lineup outside the store, and according to reps it takes a few hours a day to get through the line. There has to be a market somewhere that we don't know about. It was confirmed by several employees that the line is for off contract full price phones.

so pretty much i should just walk up to them and say give me cash, i will give you the phone.....? the problem is that, they will not want you to open the box to take out the sim. I dont want my sim that contains the line information to get out....

also dont you need a verizon/sprint/tmo/att account to get phone since it is "carrier specific"? that's another mystery to me, how they just get the phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.