Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
ok, ok, yes, I tried pangu before it was ready for primetime just like a lot of others. And, yes, I did back up my device before doing anything. But, after trying pangu about 10x i never did get it to jailbreak my i6. Anyway, when I checked iTunes, i saw that it added about 7+ GB of extra on my phone so I decided to restore to stock to get rid of it. unfortunately, i was a little quick with pressing go and backed up. After restoring to stock and syncing a back up, my camera roll is gone. Yes, i know there are issues with pangu and yes i did try the updated one where it was supposed to fix the camera roll bug, but it didn't.

anyway, any ideas on how to get camera roll back? I mean it's there, but not all the picture I had. I know they're in a back up on Time Machine, but any ideas how to re-sync to a Time Machine back from tuesday? I can't find Mobile Sync on it.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Your thread title implies Pangu is somehow responsible for you loosing your Camera roll which is certainly not the case.
While it is a shame you deleted your camera roll, your haste to jailbreak (with a developer-only intended tool that has many well known issues) and your haste to restore to stock firmware is your culprit.

There might be a computer program which can recover your photos from a backup (if they are indeed there) but most of those apps run $30-$50

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
Your thread title implies Pangu is somehow responsible for you loosing your Camera roll which is certainly not the case.
Actually...attempting to install with Pangu 1.0.1 on an iPod Touch 5th gen, iOS 8.1, deleted my camera roll. I had a full iTunes backup, though, to restore from.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Actually...attempting to install with Pangu 1.0.1 on an iPod Touch 5th gen, iOS 8.1, deleted my camera roll. I had a full iTunes backup, though, to restore from.

It happens, but that is why every jailbreak team has always advised to back up your content before modifying your device firmware files with a jailbreak.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Yes, deleting the camera roll was an issue they said. Us, my haste but someone else was able to help out who knew the answer how to get it back from time machine.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
If you have the physical back-up on your computer then try ibackupbot. It will let you move elements such as photos and contacts from past back-ups and add them to the current version. Not sure if it works for iphone 6 though, but worth a shot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.