Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IdealTech

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2014
Canada
Hard to tell from the quality of the image. But it could be residue from the headphones, or what I think, the gold finish was melted by the melting of the headphones.

The melting of the gold finish seems plausible. But the question remains, how on earth did the amount of power coming out of the headphone jack manage to do that!?!? :eek:

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Today is a sad day..... The headphone jack to my iPhone 6 plus melted closed today and I have no idea how. With a case on it!!!!! Can't get the plug to go back in now. Off to the Apple Store in the morning.

1. What brand and model of headphones were you using?

2. Was your phone plugged into an Apple approved, or an actual Apple, charger while you were using the headphones?

3. Was the phone in contact with any other metal surface when this event occurred? (I know you stated the phone was cased. But like the Apple cases, there may be exposed areas of aluminum. Possibly some coins made contact with the exposed parts if the phone was in your pocket?).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.