Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisFerri

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
New York
We've known of some iMacs being assembled in the USA. Who's got one? And those of you that do, CTO or Standard config? I've seen a few examples shown online of the 5K with an Assembled in the USA Stamp. Curious to see how many are out there.

kendrickhphoto

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2011
We've known of some iMacs being assembled in the USA. Who's got one? And those of you that do, CTO or Standard config? I've seen a few examples shown online of the 5K with an Assembled in the USA Stamp. Curious to see how many are out there.

Mine shipped out of Shanghai so I highly doubt it was assembled in the USA. I haven't seen anyone else's ship from the US.

forg0t

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2014
iFixit has an "Assembled in the USA" unit in their retina unit that they opened up.

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
Based on previous generations, there is a west coast factory. But it's to small to be assigned any particular group of orders (sizes or screens or BTO vs not). Maybe they get assigned priory orders or do refurb work and imacs between batches to keep busy. Bottom line, there's no way to ensure the source for an order.

Best shot would be reviewing stock at a store.

NYhoosier

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
Do USA assembled machines have a different factory identifier in the serial number? I believe machines from Quanta in China start with C0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.