Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VI™

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Shepherdsturd, WV
I have a 15" rMBP with a Speck case on it. It's cracked. It cracked the moment I put it on and after reading reviews and forums, this is the norm and not the exception. My rMBP had a small fall last week and a portion of the case shattered. I need a new case and I need one that's not such crap that it will stress crack the moment I snap it on to my computer.

The only thing I've found looking in the past couple minutes was a Tech21 Impact case for $100. The price doesn't concern me, I just want to make sure I'm not buying more garbage like the Speck case.

So what do you guys out there have for me in the way of suggestions?

matty1551

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
I don't mind paying a premium for a premium product but the thought of dropping $100 on a plastic case makes me sick.

All the brands are pretty much the same material....PLASTIC.

I'm actually kinda happy with my ebay case for 10 bucks. It fits fine and looks just like all the other plastic cases out there. It doesn't have a logo either which I like.

If it ever breaks, I'll shell out another $10. Also, it's feet are raised just enough that it could help with ventilation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.