Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toby80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Hi, i am trying to reinstall Maverick OS for my imac.

But when i try to open the Recovery partition, my Mac will just shut down or just reboots. Even when i try, to do a Internet Recovery with "cmd+r" the Mac will just shut down.

I bought this imac with Lion, upgraded to Mountain Lion and now Maverick. I whant to do a clean install again, with Maverick but i can't because of the recovery issue. Does anyone have a idea what i could do, to get this fixed?

Toby80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
I actually did that, but it just shut down the System after loading a few seconds. I reinstalled Maverick and after that it. worked again. I was able to get in the recovery partition and erase my HD. So my System, was some how corrupted.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Well you might want to run some tests to see what caused it to shut down like that.

I use disk warrior, techtool pro, disk utility, apple hardware test, apple service diagnostic and a few others.

It might be a hardware problem, so reinstalling might not solve the problem.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
If it came with Lion, it should have Internet Recovery capability - try forcing it to boot into Internet Recovery (instead of the Recovery HDD partition) by booting with Command-Option-R

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I actually did that, but it just shut down the System after loading a few seconds. I reinstalled Maverick and after that it. worked again. I was able to get in the recovery partition and erase my HD. So my System, was some how corrupted.

Let's back up a bit. Why are you doing this all to begin with? It almost sounds like your drive is failing and reinstalling the OS will not fix that.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Well you might want to run some tests to see what caused it to shut down like that.

I use disk warrior, techtool pro, disk utility, apple hardware test, apple service diagnostic and a few others.

It might be a hardware problem, so reinstalling might not solve the problem.

Anybody created bootable usb flash disk from yosemite, using techtool protogo 4.0.4?

I tried it, no error messages during creating, but in the end the usb flash disk is empty!!!
Of course, I cannot see any option of bootable usb with this, it is like it does not exist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.