Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I have no heat problems. I spent a couple hours last night playing a game and my iMac kept cool, certainly cooler than my rMBP gets.

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
Ordered one tonight. Upgraded CPU and GPU, otherwise base model (256Gb SSD) I have 16Gb RAM on my MBP so I'll swap those into this and plug in an external 480Gb SSD that I have laying around.

Can't wait! ....but must. Shipment sometime in November.

jbuk1

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2014
I ordered a cto imac 10 mins after they went on sale and have exactly the same tracking information as you with the same times and everything! (Also shipping to London)

I was confused about why arrival came after departure too!

Is yours now in Korea?

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Generally, on items with the fragility of a large computing device/monitor, I always upgrade to a faster shipping time as long as the cost isn't outrageous. I've had UPS drivers say faster transit times cut down significantly the amount of handling and potential for damage.

I look at it as insurance, and $30 is not a lot to pay on a $3000 item.

And this is very good advice. I've heard this too. Good reminder -- thanks for sharing!

Bryan

Silver Pegasus

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Edinburgh, UK
And this is very good advice. I've heard this too. Good reminder -- thanks for sharing!

Bryan

I disagree with this.. with the standard delivery it is likely to be container or palleted with the other Apple orders until the destination country. Where as say an iMac expedited will be a taking more direct but lone route, with the packaging taking the brunt of any abuse rather than the apple container/pallet. Yes it will be in containers but it will being moved at each landing point. At least until it's in the destination country then maybe it will be treated in a quicker direct route with less handling. So either way you are at the mercy of the courier gods... express doesn't help in making it less rough.

Last edited:

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I disagree with this.. with the standard delivery it is likely to be container or palleted with the other Apple orders until the destination country. Where as an say an iMac expedited will be a taking more direct but lone route, with the packaging taking the brunt of any abuse rather than the apple container/pallet. Yes it will be in containers but it will being moved at each landing point. At least until it's in the destination country then maybe it will be treated in a quicker direct route with less handling. So either way you are at the mercy of the courier gods... express doesn't help in making it less rough.

That's a good theory too! I guess in the end, I don't worry about it too much. It'll likely be intact when it arrives. If not, and there is real damage, then back it goes and a new one will be on its way.

Bryan

Talarspeed

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2009
Mine shipped!
Ordered October 21st at 5:00pm CDT. Stayed in "Processing Item" for 5 days. Went to Preparing to Ship for about 6 hours. Just got the notice for shipment on Thurs, October 30 before 10AM.

I ordered Expedited FedEx.

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
Mine shipped!
Ordered October 21st at 5:00pm CDT. Stayed in "Processing Item" for 5 days. Went to Preparing to Ship for about 6 hours. Just got the notice for shipment on Thurs, October 30 before 10AM.

I ordered Expedited FedEx.
Did you get notice in email? I haven't ordered online in a while and am not sure if I need to check stuff manually online.

Cameryn12

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2014
Anyone have temperature/heat problems?

One of the other threads was complaining about overheating... :eek:

Yes. While the CPU fans were keeping things okay relatively speaking (per iStat), even running non-intensive games were overheating the GPU to well over 100 C.

Gary Irwin

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2011
My 16GB i7 M295X 1TB SSD is on the way! :D
Ordered Oct 22nd
Shipped from China today
Expected delivery Thursday Oct 30th (UPS Standard)
Gary in Canada

Rats, a three-day delay in China pushed off my expected delivery date till November 3rd, which will mean November 4th at best because of UPS pickup procedures. Oh well...

Last edited:

massprince

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
My configured iMac was set for a pick up date from an apple store on 10/29, originally set for 10/30. I just received a text that its ready for pick up today. I hope this helps for some of you who are also eagerly waiting.;)

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
Configuration:
4.0GHz QC i7 Turboboost 4.4GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2x8GB
1TB Fusion Dr (1TB+128GBFlash)
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB GDDR5

Nemic

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
Mine arrived today 27th Oct - it was ordered on the 20th.

Just looking at the screen after setting it up. It is truly stunning.

The photo of Half Dome in Yosemite looks like it has been painted onto the screen!

Did a Blackmagic speed test of the internal 1TB SSD. I have no idea if this is good or not :roll eyes:

Write 698 MB/s
Read 688 MB/s

macmee

Suspended
Dec 13, 2008
Canada
I ordered a custom i7 and the 4 gb gfx option. I paid for express shipping. It "shipped" today but this is on the ups website:

"The service selected is not available to this destination address. This has delayed delivery. / The service has been changed and the delivery is being rescheduled."

It can't ship to Canada? Should I call Apple and demand a refund for the $40 express shipping that apparently won't happen.

Djay1

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Placed my BTO on Oct. 20th and delivered this morning! :)

Upgrades were GPU and 1Tb SSD. Will be running 16Gb Ram at first. External storage will be LaCie 4Tb via Thunderbird 2.

Primary usage is for still photo processing.

No impressions yet, it still resides in the shipping box.

chelch

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
ordered i7/16gb/m295x/512gb on oct. 23rd.........
status is preparing for shipment

Mac, M.D.

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
Ordered the same day at 6:00pm CST, status is processing items. When did you order yours?

I also ordered on 10/23 in the morning and still in the "processing items" stage, Delivery by 11/4-6.

I selected expedited shipping and Apple charged my credit card yesterday, 10/26 for whatever that's worth.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I also ordered on 10/23 in the morning and still in the "processing items" stage, Delivery by 11/4-6.

I selected expedited shipping and Apple charged my credit card yesterday, 10/26 for whatever that's worth.

I ordered 10/23 in the evening and mine changed to Preparing for Shipment today. Standard shipping

Mine says delivered 11/6 - 11/10

tillsbury

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2007
Mine arrived today 27th Oct - it was ordered on the 20th.

Just looking at the screen after setting it up. It is truly stunning.

The photo of Half Dome in Yosemite looks like it has been painted onto the screen!

Did a Blackmagic speed test of the internal 1TB SSD. I have no idea if this is good or not :roll eyes:

Write 698 MB/s
Read 688 MB/s

I might have missed the sarcasm in that post, but the results are annoying (my similar spec is about to be delivered). 700MB/s is nothing to sneeze at, but since they can get the rMBP and nMP with 1Tb SSD to hit 1000 and more, it feels a bit mean of them to have put a comparatively crippled SSD in there...

chelch

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
Ordered the same day at 6:00pm CST, status is processing items. When did you order yours?

11 am EDT

----------

I might have missed the sarcasm in that post, but the results are annoying (my similar spec is about to be delivered). 700MB/s is nothing to sneeze at, but since they can get the rMBP and nMP with 1Tb SSD to hit 1000 and more, it feels a bit mean of them to have put a comparatively crippled SSD in there...

I think it's the same SSD... but it can only use 2 lanes in the rImac where the SSD in the rMBP can use 4...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.