Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
I have a 6 with the Apple leather case on it. I am now really concerned that it might bend, so I ordered an Incipio Dual Pro case which should come today. I hope it is a little more rigid than the leather case. I will update after it comes.

arftech

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
I have a 6 with the Apple leather case on it. I am now really concerned that it might bend, so I ordered an Incipio Dual Pro case which should come today. I hope it is a little more rigid than the leather case. I will update after it comes.

Okay.:confused:

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
But if the phone a bending on their own as many claim a case probably won't help. But if you're putting the phone in places were pressure is being applied a more ridged case may help, but for me the leather or silicone case is about as bulky as I want to go.

If mine bends I'll be running to the Apple Store ;-)

hotdog4u

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014

otterbox or pelican...if you want protection...who cares about looks.

pakupakuman

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2013
I have a 6 with the Apple leather case on it. I am now really concerned that it might bend, [...]

But if the phone is bending on their own as many claim a case probably won't help. But if you're putting the phone in places were pressure is being applied

Jimbo, why are you concerned? Is it about the case? Do you think it's not sturdy enough? Or is it because as McPc says, you may be putting the phone in places where pressure may be applied?

If it's about the case, then let us know what you end up doing. We want to know if you stayed the course with the leather case, or if you switched to some other case. And if you switched, please provide a review. Thanks, good luck. :apple:

neile45

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2011
But if the phone a bending on their own as many claim a case probably won't help. But if you're putting the phone in places were pressure is being applied a more ridged case may help, but for me the leather or silicone case is about as bulky as I want to go.

If mine bends I'll be running to the Apple Store ;-)

Bends on it's own?:rolleyes:

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Jimbo, why are you concerned? Is it about the case? Do you think it's not sturdy enough? Or is it because as McPc says, you may be putting the phone in places where pressure may be applied?

If it's about the case, then let us know what you end up doing. We want to know if you stayed the course with the leather case, or if you switched to some other case. And if you switched, please provide a review. Thanks, good luck. :apple:

Got an Incipio Dual Pro and compared it to the leather in another post. I am concerned that the phone might bend with "normal" use. Obviously it will not bend just from using, but it might if it is in a pocket that stresses it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.