Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robmadden1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
I always have to reboot my ipod touch 5g before I can sync anything with itunes. i usally notice this if I have nnoticed this after installing jailbreak tweaks. It dont matter wht tweak it is. It makes the sync button grayed out until I rebout my ipod touch. I am not sure if its the respirnging mulitple times that is causing it. I just hope this bug gets fixed.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Aleandroid

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
I couldn't even sync at all. Turns out there's an issue with substrate and they out the update for substrate today. I haven't tested it out yet, I'm just hoping it resolves the issue

robmadden1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
I couldn't even sync at all. Turns out there's an issue with substrate and they out the update for substrate today. I haven't tested it out yet, I'm just hoping it resolves the issue

It fixes the issue I have tested it.

Aleandroid

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
It fixes the issue I have tested it.

anything i need to do after the update? should i turn off my phone? because it did not work for me. i have a feeling i have a much larger issue. none stop syncing

crazy question: can you factory reset without itunes?

Last edited:

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
anything i need to do after the update? should i turn off my phone? because it did not work for me. i have a feeling i have a much larger issue. none stop syncing

crazy question: can you factory reset without itunes?

Update Cydia Substrate and it should fix the issue. If not then you are the only one with the problem. Good Luck Jacob!

Aleandroid

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
Yea they will do a restore for you they likely won't even know it's jailbroken

thanks ill try that as a last resort. im going to try another computer. i noticed that this app i keep deleting comes back once i connect to itunes, i dont know if that means something

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.