Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
First post and OP feels the need to girly slap,IOS users Lame but tame. Try reading comments on Phone Arena or many other websites that are minimally monitored. Waste of time reading fanboy threads about anything from dishwashers to baby strollers, oh and phones also��

I had android before Iphone. I have not been back to those forums since then, but was a member of many. I'm not talking about off topic stuff, easy to avoid, I am talking about personal attacks on people with legitimate problems/gripes. This is the first place I see people called troll for posting problems with the product or company.

sketdansuu

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2014
I've had a Nexus 5 & 7 the last couple of months and while I appreciate the freedom and customization, I still find myself going back to my iOS devices. The freedom to do anything is nice but I find a jail broken iOS device is just as capable if not better. The customization is amazing on Android, but for me personally the novelty just does not last long enough to make it worth it. I spend most of the time inside apps, I don't really spend my time staring and admiring how nice my home screen looks. (But that's just me)
All in all, I really find the whole "switching sides" to be incredibly juvenile.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Sometimes it can depend on where you live.

iPhones are better for CDMA users and postpaid/subsidized countries. If I returned back to Orange County next year, my next carrier update might as well be iPhone 6s and I don't even like iOS! Why? Resell value. I have a well taken care of HTC One M7 and realized it goes for $300 second-hand which is like $100 lower than a six-month older iPhone 5. And by selling iPhones, you can sell it faster while still getting a higher return for it. No average joe really knows or cares about HTC no matter how pretty they make their phones.

I don't really care for Apple or iOS but I can understand people using carrier upgrades for them. And since US is the third most populated country behind China and India, having 40% marketshare in it is enough iOS users to communicate with. If you are going to rely on a subsidized discount, you might as well get the highest priced phone out there. The annual reselling of iPhones practically pays off for the next one. Here we have Globe as a carrier and they offer this iPhone Forever Plan. All you do is turn in your iPhone from the prev year to get the newer one for free.

Since I live in a mostly prepaid/GSM-oriented country where I have two prepaid sims, Android is far more cost efficient. It just seems more universal. It uses more universal standards like micro-sd and micro-usb. You can Bluetooth transfer to other brands even to old Symbian phones. Some Androids have analog TV, FM radio, & dual sim. Android makes alot more sense for me here. But iPhones and to some extent Galaxy Notes makes alot more sense in the US, Japan, and South Korea if CDMA is the more dominant standard, people rely on subsidized discounts, and have only one line or smartphone to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.