Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
I was installing Mavericks today and the installer stuck on less than a minute remaining. So I restarted it. Just wondering if I might have broken anything.

I installed the GM on two different machines, and it got stuck for a while too, a good 5 minutes I'd say, but it finally finished. Maybe you just need to wait a little longer. How long did you wait?

pastrychef

macrumors 601
Sep 15, 2006
New York City, NY
It has been reported by many that the final minute takes far more than a minute. Just wait and let the installer finish doing its thing.

Restarting the installation should not have any consequences.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
It took like 2 hour 30 minutes to install on my Mid-2009 13" Macbook Pro with 4GB of RAM. I just left it alone.

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Somewhere In Apple's HQ ;)
I reinstalled it and it took around 10 mins on the less than a minute remaining. But it finished successfully.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,360

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I have a friend, whom obtained the GM Seed from a secret dark place. He tried to install it on his iMac, left it installing overnight as he slept. In the morning it said 1 minute remaining. He left for a twelve hour work day, then returned home to find 1 minute remaining. He went to sleep and woke up in the morning to 1 minute remaining.

I think there maybe a bad copy floating around in those dark secret places. This is the reason to obtain it ONLY directly from Apple.

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Somewhere In Apple's HQ ;)
I have a friend, whom obtained the GM Seed from a secret dark place. He tried to install it on his iMac, left it installing overnight as he slept. In the morning it said 1 minute remaining. He left for a twelve hour work day, then returned home to find 1 minute remaining. He went to sleep and woke up in the morning to 1 minute remaining.

I think there maybe a bad copy floating around in those dark secret places. This is the reason to obtain it ONLY directly from Apple.

Well I obtain my copy from the Developer Portal.

megalaser

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2009
The less than a minute remaining is never accurate you just have to leave it and wait for it to complete.

jkmlaok

macrumors newbie
It's ok, just a random hiccup

It said less than a minute remaining for ten minutes. After if finally finished, it rebooted. Once it rebooted it "finished installation" and did the same thing again. Everything is fine I presume. Mid 2009 3.06 Ghz D 8g RAM.

JazminesJizz

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2013

My Macbook Mid 2010 is doing this exact same thing, and I obtained it directly from the App Store, I started the install and before I went to bed it said 44 min remaining about 10 min later the download bar was significantly progressing but it went up to 49 min remaining ....when I woke up in the morning (after 8hrs) it now says 47 min remaing and it is stuck there ....not progressing any longer, and with the little rainbow hourglass is where the cursor should be, Anyone else have this problem and now how to fix it maybe?????

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Fortunately, I read some of the comments on this and patiently waited for that long less than one minute--I think on my rMBP it took about 10 or 15 minutes--but all was well once it went on the the next installation process--just have to be patient. :)

josh.b

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2013
IIRC about 15 minutes on one of my 3 macs. My 2012 late iMac only took around 3 minutes being stuck.

dpederson

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
Yosemite install stalls

I have a MacBook Pro (2012) w/16G RAM and i7 cpu, and It has stalled out with one minute left for over 30 minutes. I've restarted twice. I guess I'll let it sit over night.

This seems to be a problem that they should fix. I can't imagine what it could be doing for that length of time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.