Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sponch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Hey,
after MS' announcement to give Office 365 users up to 1 TB of cloud storage, it seems quite useful to me, to use it as backup storage of some of my mac files.
What I'd like to do:
1) mount onedrive as a network drive
2) use chornosync to do sync on the mounted drive (as of an upload of 40Mbits speed shouldn't be the problem)

How can I set up Onedrive as a network drive? The information I found do work under Windows but not on my mac (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2478800/de)

Any ideas?

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hey,
after MS' announcement to give Office 365 users up to 1 TB of cloud storage, it seems quite useful to me, to use it as backup storage of some of my mac files.
What I'd like to do:
1) mount onedrive as a network drive
2) use chornosync to do sync on the mounted drive (as of an upload of 40Mbits speed shouldn't be the problem)

How can I set up Onedrive as a network drive? The information I found do work under Windows but not on my mac (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2478800/de)

Any ideas?

I don't have experience with network drives, but there's a OneDrive application in the mac app store that creates a OneDrive folder on your Mac's hard drive and automatically syncs your OneDrive files. It's just like DropBox for Mac.

sponch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
I know (and) have the app but that makes no sense for backups as I had all the files duplicated locally on the Mac.

lungbutter

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2014
My thoughts exactly. I don't want a copy of the files locally twice so the drives can sync across the Interweb. I want to use OneDrive as storage only as if it were another 1TB drive.

sponch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Actually found a good solution called Arqbackup
It can use quite a lot cloud services for incremental, encrypted backups.
Love it.

allantodd8

Suspended
Oct 24, 2011
You should definitely try SyncMate, just Google it. It can mount cloud storages as additional disks, without duplicating files all over you hard drive. And it works with 1 TB OneDrive storage too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.