Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Ugh was still sitting there not even preparing for shipment when I ordered it a few days ago so just cancelled it. The search continues

That's what it looks like. Wow. Really bad.

The LUVVITT team must have gotten word of the bad reviews because they are flooding the case with 5 star excellent reviews now… and of course all from people who didn't purchase it on Amazon.

It's not a bad case. But for $15 some people may think it is crappy because of the price. I bought it and it is my main case for now until I get possibly the Poetic Graph Graph for the Air 2. I made a thread on that to.

cindaddy

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
It's not a bad case. But for $15 some people may think it is crappy because of the price. I bought it and it is my main case for now until I get possibly the Poetic Graph Graph for the Air 2. I made a thread on that to.

Understood. My comment was directed at the actions of Luvvitt posting those false reviews. I'm sure the case is OK.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
There are lots of reviews up on Amazon for this case now… and pretty much every single review from an Amazon Verified reviewer is bad. They just need to revise it and then offer a free replacement to people whom ordered the first version.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
There are lots of reviews up on Amazon for this case now… and pretty much every single review from an Amazon Verified reviewer is bad. They just need to revise it and then offer a free replacement to people whom ordered the first version.

They sent me a replacement because the cutouts were not centered around the camera. I did even ask for a replacement.

Lspice

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
I got my LUVVITT DOLCE today and it is perfect. I have had a hard time deciding what I wanted to use on this iPad and this is just the right fit. I got the yellow Apple Smart Cover and thought I would probably return it, since I have never liked them in the past, but thought I would try it with this case and it is just perfect. The new Smart Cover is really great and I will probably get the other colors to go with this case. I am very satisfied, and I am SOOOOOO picky about cases. I have had tons of cases for all the iPads and this one with the Smart Cover is exactly what I was looking for. The magnets work great. I'll try to post some pictures.

Lspice

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 595

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I got my LUVVITT DOLCE today and it is perfect. I have had a hard time deciding what I wanted to use on this iPad and this is just the right fit. I got the yellow Apple Smart Cover and thought I would probably return it, since I have never liked them in the past, but thought I would try it with this case and it is just perfect. The new Smart Cover is really great and I will probably get the other colors to go with this case. I am very satisfied, and I am SOOOOOO picky about cases. I have had tons of cases for all the iPads and this one with the Smart Cover is exactly what I was looking for. The magnets work great. I'll try to post some pictures.

That's hot.

Do you have a boyfriend?

BJ

Lspice

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
attachment.php

There is a gap of unprotected space between the cover and the case, so I put a piece of invisible tape there to protect it until I get a full coverage back protector. It looks very obvious in this picture, but in real life you can hardly see it. The 6 plus camera picks up everything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    840.8 KB · Views: 548

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
There is a gap of unprotected space between the cover and the case, so I put a piece of invisible tape there to protect it until I get a full coverage back protector. It looks very obvious in this picture, but in real life you can hardly see it. The 6 plus camera picks up everything.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but how has that case held up for you over the last year or so (or have you found something better)?

Lspice

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but how has that case held up for you over the last year or so (or have you found something better)?

I am still using it right now. I love it. I think it has yellowed a little, or become a little dingy, but I'm not bothered by it. I bought a hard clear one and it was scratched and looked awful within a few days, so I put this one back on and didn't look back. I have several different Apple smart covers and I just switch them out when the mood strikes, but the back case always remains. Hope this helps. I really like it.

Reactions: ecschwarz

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks - I used to have a third-generation iPad and did the Smart Cover + shell combo and was looking at doing that with my current one. I completely agree that TPU > hard plastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.