Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
Just wondering if there has been any workarounds created for Touch ID causing boot loop.

I have pangu 1.0.2 and latest substrate installed.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
There is a change to the move.sh file people are doing.. but that is NOT recommended by Saurik (Cydia owner) as it causes major issues. Most of the people having issues with Pangu 1.0.2 were people who did this "fix".

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
There is a change to the move.sh file people are doing.. but that is NOT recommended by Saurik (Cydia owner) as it causes major issues. Most of the people having issues with Pangu 1.0.2 were people who did this "fix".

so if i disable it when i need to reboot can i enable it again once its booted up? i dont recall the last time i rebooted my iphone anyway

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I keep using the Touch ID on my 6+ with 8.1 JB (with Cydia and substrate), no issue at all. The only time I get into boot loop is when I upgrade the JB to version 0.2. I upgrade it without disable Touch ID.

However, it's easy to fix, just hold the volume up button during boot, and the iPhone will boot normally and finish the upgrade. Then go to setting disable Touch ID, restart, and re-enable the Touch ID again.

So far, I restart my 6+ quite a few times already with the Touch ID still on. No issue at all.

I don't know why. May be this boot loop is not affecting everyone, I am just lucky. Or may be because I install Cydia via "兔兔助手" (A Chinese Windows application), but not the normal SSH method.

Last edited:

barjatya

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
I keep using the Touch ID on my 6+ with 8.1 JB (with Cydia and substrate), no issue at all. The only time I get into boot loop is when I upgrade the JB to version 0.2. I upgrade it without disable Touch ID.

However, it's easy to fix, just hold the volume up button during boot, and the iPhone will boot normally and finish the upgrade. Then go to setting disable Touch ID, restart, and re-enable the Touch ID again.

So far, I restart my 6+ quite a few times already with the Touch ID still on. No issue at all.

I don't know why. May be this boot loop is not affecting everyone, I am just lucky. Or may be because I install Cydia via "兔兔助手" (A Chinese Windows application), but not the normal SSH method.

doesnt the tutuapp also require ssh ?

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Yes, I guess they did exactly the same thing as manually install Cydia by SSH. However, there is always a possibility that it cause the difference.

Anyway, this is the video capture from my 6+ to show that the Touch ID works well with 8.1 JB.

http://youtu.be/W7x4TFzNSIo

Last edited:

germanguy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008

So now I am confused. Was just getting ready to do the jump. We are not supposed to move the move.sh file?

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
Having TouchID/passcode enabled when rebooting will cause boot loop no matter what. It cannot be fixed with volume up on boot and you must restore after.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.