Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McPc

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
CA
Well you could post the stats on how fast your apps open and make me jealous :p

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I've had my fancy ipad Air 2 for 2 days now. And all I've really done on it are things I did on my ipad 3. Web browsing, groupon, etc.

I feel like I should be able to do so much more with it.

Does anyone have any app suggestions that really put the Air 2 to work and really demonstrate its power and awesomeness? Something you've discovered in the past week that impressed you?

Modern Combat 5.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I'm getting mine on the assumption that iOS 9 will introduce some sorely needed iPad optimization that only the A8X and later can handle.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I've had my fancy ipad Air 2 for 2 days now. And all I've really done on it are things I did on my ipad 3. Web browsing, groupon, etc.

Does anyone have any app suggestions that really put the Air 2 to work and really demonstrate its power and awesomeness? Something you've discovered in the past week that impressed you?

Start with iWork app and FaceBook. :apple:

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Probably the place where you'll see most difference is in games. I know that my iPad 3 sacrifices graphical quality (even to the point of using non-retina resolution) so that it performs well. Games on the iPad air 2 will be far, far better, in detail and performance.

Zeos

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2008

My Air 2 is very close to being a laptop replacement for travel and just around town. Depends on what you need (or want) to use it for, of course. I'm more of an engineer, so I like to access all of my company's LAN drives, use Office, create (and give) presentations, use Kindle, manage my to do list, create mind maps and flow diagrams, do some writing, shop, process pictures, listen to Spotify, etc. etc. I have even done the DJ thing at an informal get together using Spotify and djay. I never really play games on the Pad (yet). So, it totally depends on what you want or need to do. Whatever that is, there is guaranteed to be a decent app for it.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Take some advice from Apple's own TV ads: "what will your verse be"? You have a nice new iPad. Now use your creativity, intelligence, and logical thinking skills to figure the rest of the story. It will be your story, told by you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.