Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobeornottobe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
This is my first iPad ever and they are selling refurb iPad air 16 GB at aud$439 and iPad air 2 at aud$619. The cheap price point of the air is very appealing to me. My question is whether ipad air 2 is worth roughly $200 more?? Should I just settle with the air and be very satisfied already??

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
If you want longevity then get the air 2 imo. For a first iPad the first one is fine if you just want to save a few bucks

cperchard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
It really all depends on how rich and needy you are......I settled for keeping my Air 1......it runs fine on 8.1 if that's what you're worried about.....but there are some appealing factors to the new one.....just whether saving money or better features appeals to you more. No one can really sway you.

tobeornottobe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Yes I think I saw somewhere that the iPad mini 3 kind of lags with iOS 8. IPad mini 3 has the same internals as iPad air right? I'm hoping iPad air doesn't lag and will do fine in iOS 9 too.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
Yes I think I saw somewhere that the iPad mini 3 kind of lags with iOS 8. IPad mini 3 has the same internals as iPad air right? I'm hoping iPad air doesn't lag and will do fine in iOS 9 too.

I have both the Air 1 & 2. Gave my husband my 1 when I got the 2. Two weeks ago I would have said the Air1 didn't lag. I did have the Safari refresh a lot.

After using the Air2 I don't know. It's so much faster and smoother than the Air1 it's hard to believe. I've had every iPad. For the most part they all seemed to be pretty smooth, at least I thought so until I got the Air2.

If you can possibly afford it I would say get the 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.