Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

semicharmdlifer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Hi there
I recently came to acquire an original first gen iPhone currently running 3.1.3. For nostalgia and fun's sake, I'd love to find a way to downgrade this back to the original "iPhone OS" (as it used to be called) version 1.0. I've got the IPSW file, but I've read it's virtually impossible to downgrade without the original SHSH "blobs." Am I 100% stuck or is there another way?

pietrov

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
If I remember well the problem is with the firmware baseband... And I think that you can downgrade only if you can find that...:apple:

semicharmdlifer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Holy crap, that link looks promising. It's gonna take a bit of work (PITA to get Windows XP on my Mac), but I'll give it a go! Thanks!

semicharmdlifer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
I'm so close but can't seal the deal. I got 1.0 loaded on but it's stuck at the damn activation screen (bc obviously Apple isn't activating that OS anymore. There were instructions to install a software activator, but can't get it to work! Damn!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.